Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Just got my email approval as a trade professional. Sent my application in on the 18th, so it took just over a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What's the difference between Trade and Creative Professionals?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Dr Tran posted:

What's the difference between Trade and Creative Professionals?

Creative Pro gets a free badge, and I believe can buy 1-2 extra ones at cost (or maybe free).

Trade Pro gets the opportunity to buy their badge and one for a guest.

Both Creative and Trade Pro badges come out of a different pool than the regular crazy GA pool. 3 years ago I got my badges about 6 hours after opening, 2 years ago about 3 hours and this year I was in instantly, but I feel like they ran out in about 4-5 hours this year.

Creative Pro reg takes place before Trade Pro, but it's like 3 days before. Both of them take place after GA.

edit: If you mean like what's the difference between getting a trade/creative pro, Trade pro is like "i'm in marketing/sales/biz dev/cashier/ etc for a company that does business at/around comic con" and Creative pro is like "I'm an artist/writer/penciller/colorist/costumer/etc"

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Will you be informed if you don't get professional status? Or is it "no news is bad news"?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
2014 Pricing:
Preview Night: $35.00 - $16.00 senior/junior/military
Thursday: $45.00 - $23.00
Friday: $45.00 - $23.00
Saturday: $45.00 - $23.00
Sunday: $30.00 - $15.00
Total: $200 - $100

2015 Pricing:
Preview Night: $35.00 - $18.00 senior/junior/military
Thursday: $50.00 - $25.00
Friday: $50.00 - $25.00
Saturday: $50.00 - $25.00
Sunday: $35.00 - $17.00
Total: $220 - $110

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

And the laws of supply and demand strike again! It's still an ominous "Fall" for ticket sales for 2014 attendees right?

Edit: They're saying November on Twitter. Also you have until Oct 15th to validate your 2014 badge on your member ID

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 3, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So, this next year will be my first year registering as Press. Is the procedure pretty much the same as what you do for Professional status (what I had the last three years) just with different deadlines? Basically some printouts of our work/websites/employment pages and send it in?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Axel Serenity posted:

So, this next year will be my first year registering as Press. Is the procedure pretty much the same as what you do for Professional status (what I had the last three years) just with different deadlines? Basically some printouts of our work/websites/employment pages and send it in?

Pretty much:

It's a Cover Letter (basically your info), the Press Application, a letter from your Editor with your outfit's logo, and three articles.

If you make it through, they send you a link to register for the Press Badge sometime before the event. I think I got mine a few days/weeks after the initial sale to the public.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
So I'm registered as a Trade Pro, but also qualify for regular pre-registration since I attended last year.

How is the trade professional registration process? Do trade pro badges sell out quickly too?

I'm mostly trying to get an idea of if I need to try to use both of these. If there isn't too much hassle with getting a trade pro badge, I'd like to just do that so I can also get a guest badge for a friend, but if those will also have potential to sell out, I might just try for regular pre-reg. This is assuming regular pre-reg is before trade pro.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Trade Pro, in my 3 years of experience, does not have nearly the same rush that pre-reg does. I've gotten mine a few hours after open and no issues. Also it doesn't crash.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got notice of my Trade Pro registration today!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
2015 Pre-Reg is Saturday at 9AM PT

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
God dammit, already? Has it ever been this early? I feel like its always been in Spring, but due to them trying new technology out in the fall that goes wrong and they need to take months to fix it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Space_Butler posted:

God dammit, already? Has it ever been this early? I feel like its always been in Spring, but due to them trying new technology out in the fall that goes wrong and they need to take months to fix it.

This is reg for people who have 2014. A couple years ago they had it in August. About 4 years ago, they had it on site. Last year was in Oct/Nov. Feb/Mar is when they have gen pop registration.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Welp time to pad my résumé again. Anyone got a gamergate blog I can editorialize

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Are we organizing some backup buyers here (for those that went last year)?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Darko posted:

Are we organizing some backup buyers here (for those that went last year)?

My friends and I are buying for each other but if they manage to get in earlier and purchase mine I can buy for anyone that might need it here.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Same thing, we have 4 people working on getting in and covering for each other, so we'll have at least one extra slot available, and my wife and I will keep waiting even if someone else gets in first.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

If you get in and have extra spots, consider posting your email address to help out goons and wait like 2-5 minutes for a reply before checking out. You have 15 minutes for the whole process.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'll be able to help out as well if I get in.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Preview night out. Anyone get in? Not anyone I know.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

No one I know, either.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
None of us yet either

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I wonder if they have cut down availability significantly. That was awfully fast for preview night to get sold out.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Got in w/preview night for three of my party. Still working for one.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Never before have I feared of not getting Saturday. :(

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friday and Saturday sold out.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Missed out on Saturday and Preview Night. So far I was the only one to get in before Friday was gone.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
just got in, can buy for 2 people

sunday only

Soarer fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 8, 2014

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Bummer! I guess I'll pick up a Thursday badge if I can, then try my luck for Friday and Saturday on general sales day.

e: gently caress Thursday is almost gone too!! I wonder if they allotted less for presales this year. Or my party just has bad luck. Oh well, either way.

e again: Woaaaah, even Sunday sold out so soon!!

bobula fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 8, 2014

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Is Sunday all that's left? we still need 2 more.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Only sunday left

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

All gone.

Are you still in with two spots? I have two friends who didn't get in

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Shawn posted:

All gone.

Are you still in with two spots? I have two friends who didn't get in

Nah not any more but my friend got us 4 days so when gen sales go out I will be trying for a friend again but will have 2 spots free

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A friend got me 4 days, which is cool, but I missed out on buying for my friends, which sucks.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
I clicked "purchase for 1" reading it as "purchase for 1 (other person)," so I ended up with my own 4-day pass, but not my brother :( The system disallows you from hitting the back button to correct the number of badges you want to buy. I hosed up.

I called EPIC. They were nice, but customer service said no dice as far as being able to squeeze him in due to my mistake. Sending a follow-up email to them and CCI, but not too hopeful. Any other ideas? Very upset with myself.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 8, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
On the up side seeing as how several of us did manage to score 4 day passes that leaves several people with spots in gen reg to try and pick up for the rest of us.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

If you got 4 day but no preview night, you have a dog in the gen pop fight. That means if you're happy with no preview night but you have a friend who didn't get anything, you can be there w/them for gen pop adding another chance for them to get a pass.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Soarer posted:

On the up side seeing as how several of us did manage to score 4 day passes that leaves several people with spots in gen reg to try and pick up for the rest of us.

I would greatly appreciate this. I've not had to do something like this before so I'm not sure what the protocol is, but any support I could get in helping my brother get a pass would be wonderful. There's honestly no sense in my going if he can't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

How does purchasing badges for others work in terms of email notification? E.g. If someone here were able to order a badge for my brother during open registration, would he be notified by exactly who ordered it?

Due to my error, it looks like him and I both will need to participate in the open registration to help get him a 4-day (and maybe each get a chance at upgrading to preview night), so when the time comes I wouldn't mind being able to get into a goon network for it and offer any of my extra spaces for others (1-3 depending on what happens/what's available when we get to front of line). In fact, I'd be willing to offer a bounty on his getting a 4-day or our both getting 4-day+preview as well if that's kosher. That's why I ask if the person who gets the order through would have their name in a notifying email so I'd know who to send the extra money to (in addition to the cost of the badge, of course). Pretty much trying to pull out all the stops to make up for "my bad," but don't want to do anything that's against SA's rules, or doing something that might get me scammed.

I know open registration is still pretty far away, but just wanted to check and see if this is an OK thing to do so I can relax a little bit.

• Locked thread