Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I'm hearing others say that if someone else got you tickets its not letting you get them for others.

Edit: just saw last post confirm this. :(

Edit2: secured 4 day

Shawn fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAi
Oct 6, 2004

I'm the best there is at what I do....and what I do is eat cookies!
"Although there are not enough badges for everyone participating in today’s sale, there will be an additional badge sale at a later date!"

Not looking good.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

"We’re sorry, but the option to purchase Preview Night has sold out. But don’t worry, there are still four other fabulous days of Comic-Con to attend! Did you know that there is a full slate of programming from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sunday at Comic-Con? It’s a great day to attend and walk the Exhibit Hall floor!"

I like the pushing of getting tickets for Sunday in the last update.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Though it is the final day, Sunday will always be the middle child of the convention.

Also, still waiting :smith:

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
So I got to the front of the line, tried to sign in and got this: Badges have already been purchased for this Member ID. You cannot add this member to your order!

So I guess I'm good. Good luck to everyone else.

Punkin Donuts
Oct 3, 2003

You know what time it is.

Punkin Donuts posted:

Well that was awesome. I got in, put in my CC#, hit Continue, and then the page seemed to time out for about 5 minutes. The page finally refreshed to one that said "You have already completed your badge purchase. Additional badge purchases are not possible." I didn't receive a confirmation page or anything, so now instead of waiting to get in, I get to wait to see if I get a confirmation email. Any idea what sort of delay there is in receiving the confirmation emails?

Update: Apparently the purchase did NOT go through. Luckily I had another PC with a second registration name in the queue. I was able to get in and purchase tickets for the same people, and got an almost instantaneous confirmation email.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
"It looks like Saturday badge inventory is running low..."

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

"It looks like Saturday badge inventory is running low, we promise to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience while you wait in line."

Time to start panicking if you haven't bought your tickets yet.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
If anyone gets in and can buy two badges for me, please lemme know

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
If anyone can buy me one ticket for four days I would be very grateful.

I can PayPal today.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

"It looks like Friday and Saturday badge inventory is running low, we promise to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience while you wait in line. Customers are completing their purchases. Thank you for your patience while we refresh this message every 120 seconds."

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
Jesus :cry:

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Tip: If they don't have all four badges available and you aren't interested in going without a 4-day, still buy a single badge (e.g. Sunday or Thursday) so you're eligible for badge holder pre-reg next year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. I don't want people to waste money.

quote:

You need to show up to use your ticket for this statement to be accurate. So you can buy a Thursday but you still need to redeem the Thursday to have an eligible ticket to 2015.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 8, 2014

RAi
Oct 6, 2004

I'm the best there is at what I do....and what I do is eat cookies!
I never made it in (errored out) but a friend got my 4 days for me. I don't care what anyone says about this being a 'better' process, it's still broken.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for tickets.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Welp, looks like I'm (hopefully) doing another Thursday/Sunday Comic Con!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Tip: If they don't have all four badges available and you aren't interested in going without a 4-day, still buy a single badge (e.g. Sunday or Thursday) so you're eligible for badge holder pre-reg next year.

You need to show up to use your ticket for this statement to be accurate. So you can buy a Thursday but you still need to redeem the Thursday to have an eligible ticket to 2015.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Friday is sold out and Saturday shortly.

Edit: It's Saturday that's sold out, Friday is running low, screw up on their announcement.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

RevKrule posted:

Ah, that was the issue, thanks.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Got all four days. Lucky me.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I'm in. But we got all we need who needs whatever's left

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Shawn posted:

I'm in. But we got all we need who needs whatever's left

Can you purchase for 2?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Soarer posted:

Can you purchase for 2?

I can do 3

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
86 minutes to get into the waiting room. Yikes. Luckily my badge was already purchased.

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Good plan.

I think I'll attempt to get you guys organized for when regular sales happen. Apologies to the pre-reggers for not doing this sooner.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Shawn posted:

I can do 3

can you please buy thurs/sun for

sergeig
last:
lillybearbutt
last:

Soarer fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 8, 2014

Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.

RAi posted:

I never made it in (errored out) but a friend got my 4 days for me. I don't care what anyone says about this being a 'better' process, it's still broken.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for tickets.

I don't think it's broken. Just way more people want to go than can actually go. I still think the lottery system is the best for an event like comic con. You don't want attendance to be 100% grandfathered or you wouldn't get the influx of youth and new people.

EDIT: I got in after 90 minutes.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Soarer posted:

can you please buy thurs/sun for

Done. Email me at cracknaticman at hotmail dot com so I can forward confirmation. Paypal is the same address.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 8, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Shawn posted:

Done. Email me at cracknaticman at hotmail dot com so I can forward confirmation. Paypal is the same address.

Emailed you.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Good luck anyone looking to deal with regular registration. Man if not for having 4 people working towards our tickets we would have been screwed.

Maybe a pre-planned set of people looking out for each other might work better for the thread when that time comes.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Two years in a row now I've gotten a badge because someone else got in ahead of me and got it for me.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shawn posted:

Good luck anyone looking to deal with regular registration. Man if not for having 4 people working towards our tickets we would have been screwed.

Maybe a pre-planned set of people looking out for each other might work better for the thread when that time comes.

People should really start organizing "sets" of friends depending on how many tickets you can buy far in advance as opposed to everyone attempting solo and then asking for help after not being able to get in.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Thanks to Shawn I managed to at least get 2 days for me and my girlfriend. We'll try our luck for the other days in the normal badge grab. I left my browser up and by the time I got in it was Sunday only. She wasn't in by then either. We both got on at 7 this morning.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Does anyone have a good number to call to actually get a person regarding registration? I fear one of my passes may not have gone through and I want to verify.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

After 24 hours of fear, I got the "we've charged your credit card" email.

I think to be nice, we may want to organize a little better for general ticket sales. If people who have tickets, wait in line with (and for) people who don't, goons stand a good shot of going together.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Any word when it goes on sale for genpop

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
For all us hardcore Trade Pros, registration is 2/20 at 10pm PST

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

My girlfriend just succeeded at volunteer registration. I did not.

It falls to the lottery :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Dont volunteers gets pass hookups?

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Trade Pro reg at 10am tomorrow!

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Dont volunteers gets pass hookups?

They get a pass for every day they volunteer. I don't think that extends to inviting a guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Trade Pro reg went really smoothly. I was hitting it at 9:59 and getting a 'you must wait until 10am' and then I refreshed, logged in and checked out inside of about 2 minutes with the website working just great. Already got my confirmation email.

• Locked thread