Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Sire Oblivion posted:

So if you can't get a 4 day pass anymore, are you going to get a badge for each day? Because christ that's going to be annoying. Not to mention I'll have to pick up 12 badges if that were to be the case.

The site says you can convert the 4 single day passes into a 4-day pass at pickup. They are just no longer having X 4day passes and Y single day passes available for sale when orders open. Its a positive change in that respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Got tickets for 3 people with preview night, first time in 4 years we'll be going!

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't particularly see how this works this year. Two years ago, I got a link and refreshed like a motherfucker until the time and got a number in line. Please explain in smile-as-possible terms for this poor simpleton!

Also, since Wednesday and Saturday were sold out for pre-reg, does that fall over for normal registration, you think? Are all of us normal, sad individuals screwed over to get only two days?

No, they set aside X number for the alumni, and the rest are in the general sale pool. There will be a handful of Wednesday badges available, and plenty of the other 4 days.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm buying two tickets, but I'm wondering if this buddy system would work if all of us band together, try to access the site, and see which two (since it seems there's more than three tickets wanted) gets the best spot in the "line." I'm assuming other goons will want in on this the closer we get to the con date, so we should create a giant goon web of individuals with valid member IDs taking a stab in the dark on each computer for this randomized hell-hole.

If its like the Alumni order, you won't see your place in line. You just wait until the system tells you you're in. Combined with the fact you can't order tickets once someone else has ordered some for you, the only useful setup is discrete groupings of three tickets.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
No, you can't.

Punkin Donuts posted:

Well that was awesome. I got in, put in my CC#, hit Continue, and then the page seemed to time out for about 5 minutes. The page finally refreshed to one that said "You have already completed your badge purchase. Additional badge purchases are not possible." I didn't receive a confirmation page or anything, so now instead of waiting to get in, I get to wait to see if I get a confirmation email. Any idea what sort of delay there is in receiving the confirmation emails?

Shawn posted:

I'm hearing others say that if someone else got you tickets its not letting you get them for others.

Edit: just saw last post confirm this. :(

Edit2: secured 4 day

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Shawn posted:

Yeah if you follow further down the thread I figured out that I couldn't put my name and member id and actually did manage to buy for someone else.

I stand corrected then, though I imagine people buying tickets for three different people could get very messy with resolving who owes who.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Jimmy James posted:

I went to the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead panels last year, and I whole-heartedly regretted standing in line for it. Most actors are kind of boring people to listen to. The best ones for me last year were Matt Stone and Trey Parker with a "I Know That Voice" in front of it. I'm going to stick to comedic actors, voice actors, and industry professionals. It sounded like all of the adult swim panels were great last year just by virtue of how funny the people are who do them. And industry professionals seem to be more forthcoming and generally have more interesting things to say. I'd pick a panel with the creator/director/personal assistant of something rather than the star of something all day.

They really need to start screening fan questions at a lot of these panels too. There are a lot of bad or repetitive questions.

I got in to most of the big panels last year, and I have to say the Roger Rabbit one beat them all as the best. The presentation of all the behind the scenes stuff and hearing from the animators and Roger's VA was way more interesting than hearing which dragon is Emilia Clark's favorite.

XOIC of Radishes posted:

As for fan questions, I'm not sure what else they can do. I think the screeners are just there to determine whether a question is "appropriate" or not, and that's it. Of course, someone who is intentionally going to ask an inappropriate question is just going to give the screener a fake question instead (See: "Can I have a hug/autograph?" people). They don't let them determine what's good, bad, or repetitive because they may not be knowledgeable enough on the subject the panel is discussing to determine as much.

They need to start taking peoples badges when they go to ask a question, and if you ask for a namecard or something you are not getting it back. Its been ridiculous the last couple years.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 18, 2014

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Dr Tran posted:

w00tstock goes on sale Friday for their Thursday 7/24 show
http://sandiegotheatres.org/w00tstock-6-0a-night-of-geeks-music/

Reminder that this is open now and already filling up fast. Absolutely a blast and one of my favorite parts of ComicCon years past.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
I'm out of town on business, and my brother and mother both thought the date for hotels was tomorrow. :( I'm going to end up 15 miles away from the convention center.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

RevKrule posted:

Either the voice is desperate for talent or they're looking for extra embarrassing footage.

That isn't an audition thing, it's just a concert.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Dr Tran posted:

@Midnight
Friday at 10:30PM
http://sandiegotheatres.org/midnight-live-withchris-hardwick/

Nerdist Podcast
Saturday at 10:30PM
http://sandiegotheatres.org/nerdist-podcast-livewith-chris-hardwickjonah-ray-matt-mira/

Presales on Thursday, regular sales on Friday.

I enjoy @Midnight, but if this year is anything like last year, if you go to any panels at all you are likely to see plenty of Chris Hardwick. He and Wil Wheaton are everywhere.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

False Toaster posted:

This is a bit last minute but does anyone have a spare 4 day badge to sell? I lucked out with free transportation and accommodations to SD for the weekend. I figured it'd be worth a shot to ask around.

Badges do not work that way. They have to be picked up there, have the attendee's name written on them, and require photo ID to be picked up. That said, do check out the third post in the thread, because there's going to be a ton going on outside the convention center proper that won't require any badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
This will be my first year that I've managed to get a ticket to the preview night. Any tips about stuff I shouldn't miss? All I really had on the docket was pick up shirt pre-orders and try to grab a Snoopy pin for my mom. I'll add hitting up the CN booth to that.

• Locked thread