Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, I have to leave for work a half hour after the line opens. Hopefully this will be painless, I'll be done in 15 minutes, and I can breathe easy.

Also, while I'm wishing, I'd like a free suite to stay in, and to meet Stan Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
SDCC Hotel Day: a cacophony of sadness and "you don't really miss out by not going".

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Soarer posted:

Scored our first choice of Hilton Bayside :neckbeard:

Same here. Con luck!

edit: Well, almost. My first choice was the Omni, but I'm not gonna complain at all.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 10, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Axel Serenity posted:

:hfive:

Hell yeah, man! Do goons here ever set up a quick barhop night or anything? It'd be cool to hang around with people that know how to handle the nightlife during SDCC. It'll be my first year actually downtown and my girlfriend's first con ever, so we wanna do it right. :)

I would totally be down for this. Most of my nights ended with me at the Hilton Bayfront bar anyways (which is super swank).

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Holy gently caress, the Hotel Del Coronado is nice as poo poo. That's where I'd go if I were bringing friends who weren't gonna con it up the whole time.

edit: I'd also Miami Vice the gently caress out of a rented boat.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Tran posted:

Garfunkel and Oates
Friday 7/25
House of Blues
$40
7PM
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0A004CBDDB087490?dma_id=381
Presale is tomorrow at 10am. Code is LOYALFAN

Man, that's really expensive for a G&O concert. I think I paid less for my @Midnight ticket.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Tran posted:

Nerd HQ Sched

Thursday July 24th

9:00 AM – Zachary Levi
12:00 PM – Into the Storm (Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep, Kyle Davis, Steven Quale)
1:30 PM – Craig Ferguson & Josh Robert Thompson

Friday July 25th

11:00 AM – Stoopid Buddy Stoodios (Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner, Tom Root)
12:00 PM – Garfunkel & Oats (Riki Lindhome, Kate Micucci)
1:15 PM – Let’s Be Cops (Damon Wayans Jr, Nina Dobrev, Rob Riggle, Keegan-Michael Key)
4:00 PM – Evangeline Lilly

Saturday July 26th

10:00 AM – The Walking Dead (Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Danai Gurira, Lauren Cohan)
12:00 PM – The Intruders (John Simm, Mira Sorvino, Glen Morgan)
3:00 PM – Resurrection (Omar Epps, Frances Fisher, Kurtwood Smith, Devin Kelley, Aaron Zelman, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas)

Sunday July 27th

12:00 PM – The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Ben Blacker, Ben Acker, Marc Evan Jackson, Hal Lublin, Mark Gagliardi, Craig Cackowski, Janet Varney, Molly Quinn, Paul Sabourin, Storm DiCostanza)
1:15 PM – Joss Whedon

Tickets are supposed to go on sale on Sunday at noon, but that could be wrong.

Man, I want to go to the Let's Be Cops panel here, but that would mean no Archer/Bob's Burgers I imagine.

Ah well, I'll settle for Craig Ferguson/Josh Robert Thompson.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man, the Craig Ferguson panel went on sale today, and I missed getting tickets. Balls.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like the Obscenely Long Lines for this year are gonna be for con-exclusive toys, which is dope, because I don't care about those! The Hall H line looked entirely manageable this morning at 9:30, which is impressive considering how many people I've seen (behind me) in that line before. Apparently not too many people are excited for Penguins of Madagasgar or The Giver. I'll probably walk by later and if it's manageable, I'll try to get in for the Paramount panel, hope to see *something* about Interstellar.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

The line is for Hall H friday panels :ssh:

Surprisingly weak showing this year, I mean isn't Star Wars supposed to come out in 2015?

Nah, the Hall H line is still for today, but they're just holding people to be let in in groups to not have the doors constantly opening.

A bunch of people took the year off for SDCC, there's a shitton of stuff coming out in 2015 that isn't here. Star Wars is almost certainly because Abrams still wants it pushed back, and D23 is a thing that exists.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Still a decent amount of seats in Hall H for the Paramount panel, could have some big stuff, will at very least have turtles that are ninja mutant teens.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobula posted:

How's the line? I'm not even gonna get in until 11 but I'm curious.

I just walked in there and got a seat right at the very back, I imagine once Adventure Time ends I'll fly toward the front.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently the super long Hall H line is back with a vengeance tonight. I'm seriously considering taking this year off, much as I want to see the Justice League stuff tomorrow.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait it actually looks like a good show? And you weren't stoned out of your mind eating Taco Bell?

It looked "cute", and it's nice to hear Norm MacDonald's voice. Nothing spectacular, another Hanna-Barbera-esque thing.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

The show itself looks like a lighthearted self aware take on HannahBarbera properties. We'll see how the writers take the concept and evolve it if it gets wheels. Venture Bros started out just as a take on Johnny Quest after all.

Hilights from Mike on the panel:

* talking about the 1000 pigeons he cares for. And explaining how they either fly or get eaten by a hawk.

* how do you make a character out of mike.
> you expect him to be extreme
M: but I'm not
> Right, so you might expect him to be extreme
M: I'm not though
> yeah its an expectation. You expect an extreme
M: I'm not though.

* Telling the audience that ' we need more Mexicans. More Mexicans in animation. More Mexicans everywhere'

* Detailing his brush ins with the law : paraphrased 'I fight, then I knock them out quick and I'm still hopped up... So I hit someone else, and then the cops come and arrest me... And then there are lawyers... And then a judge..' Etc.

Please tell me someone has this online. Please.

Anyone at Kevin Smith's panel tonight? My friend was seated at the front, so at the end she asked for Smith' name tag (the cardboard thing with the speaker name and comic con logo). He was totally cool about it and tossed it to her...

But the sperghole that asked Smith about Metal music grabbed it out of the air and took off running.

How was the Tusk trailer? I've heard... mixed things.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress a Hall H, right?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Seconds? It's not an Oni Press book, and the publisher doesn't have a booth. Bonus points if it's signed by BLoM. It's pretty much the only thing I want to buy (aside from those colorized Scott Pilgrim books, because I'm a whore).

Also, I might be biased, but the Paramount panel on Thursday sounds way better than either WB or Marvel today. Interstellar, The Rock and TMNT looking legit good.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God bless y'all. I've barely been in the hall all con, tomorrow will just be buying poo poo and playing more Super Smash Bros. Because seriously, if you haven't spent a half-hour wandering in the Nintendo lounge just playing Smash with random groups of people, you haven't lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love SDCC and would love for it to continue to be SDCC for years to come, but in my dream world, C2E2 starts to pick up steam at an even bigger clip and bring in bigger names, solely because I want to be able to go home and sleep in my own bed at night. There are huge upgrades coming to that area of Chicago, particularly in Navy Pier and a new arena right next to McCormick Place (where C2E2 is held), and Chicago is serious about stepping up their tradeshow game.

I'm totally selfish, but dammit, I'm cheap, and Wizard World Chicago is just sad.

• Locked thread