Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I got in the waiting room at 8:07 with two codes (mine and my sister's) on two browsers, Firefox and Chrome and the Firefox one went through. Got in at about 9:17 and everything went great, I was able to purchase all three badges I needed. I'm relieved it worked out but I'm still not a fan of lotteries. I prefer hard work and getting up early to get in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Oh drat, I hope for several of my friends' sakes that they open member ID registration before open sales. But the page does say it'll reopen AFTER open sales, wah wahhhh.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Sorry just to clarify - if I already bought my badge during the previous sale (no preview night) can I still buy badges for others? If yes, I can help someone out that wants to get an extra try.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

squarerandom posted:

Any groups I can get on in as military? I see their prices are a bit cheaper and I wanted to get them at that price? But I don't know how their verification or so for military works. I just wanted two badges for a day or two.

Haha

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Alan Smithee posted:

Welp, at this point I should probably just piggy back off someone else's badge

Are you serious?? I think you have the worst luck out of anyone when it comes to getting badges.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Now the floor is so crowded every day (not just Sunday when the vendors have deals) that you can barely take pictures of cosplayers.

stop that. Take your pictures OUTSIDE SO EVERYONE CAN KEEP MOVING

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Shawn posted:

I didn't realize it was a thing hating people taking pictures without saying anything. I always worry about slowing people down, because I know if I'm in the walkways I'm running from one place to another as fast as I can, and if I'm in the exhibit hall I'm trying not to block traffic.

I don't even go into the exhibit hall after Thursday because of all the people taking photos and slowing poo poo down.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I thought the Hilton parking at least was overnight. I was thinking about buying parking this year, but not if I can't just leave my car sitting there for the week.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Okay so who wants to let me pay to shower in their room, cause I sure as gently caress can't afford the rates this year. Jesus christ it's ridiculous. Last year I was at least able to snag a pretty nice place off Airbnb when I couldn't swing a hotel room, but it looks like everyone caught on and wants $700 a night for their shanty in Imperial Beach.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
So, any info on parties outside of the con yet? I've been looking and haven't really seen anything party-wise for promoting new movies or shows or games or whatever.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I'm in video games, so I know most of the video games parties,

Hey friendo, what are you up to Friday night

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Dr Tran posted:

If I had to guess, they'll repeat the Adventure Time, Regular Show, big Adult Swim block on Friday at the Hilton.

Can't waaaaait

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

RevKrule posted:

What are you guys giving away for free at your booth???? (Kidding)

Are you gonna have a new dvd available? (Not kidding)

There are three certain things in this life. Death, taxes and new Mega64 con exclusive DVD.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Rocco posted:

HA! Wrong! Busted!

...We have a Con Exclusive Blu Ray this year.

I don't think I even have a blu-ray player. Guess I'll have to skip this year :''''''(

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Dr Tran posted:

Friday in the indigo ballroom so far:

2:30 Mike Tyson
4PM Bob's Burgers
5PM Archer

I thought Adult Swim was usually there on Friday? Is their time/day announced yet?

Does the Comic-con site have the definitive list of exclusives, or should I be checking somewhere else?

bobula fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 8, 2014

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Dr Tran posted:

Last year I got in line at 4am on Saturday trying to get the buckle. I got in line before they capped it, but they sold out before I made it to the booth.

you guys are nuts

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Dr Tran posted:

Tim and Eric's Pajama Party
Friday
11PM-12
RSVP and pajamas required

!? Do you RSVP at their booth?

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Satorr posted:

If I don't get a Mike Tyson Mysteries bag I'm gonna have to fight someone.

I know I'm gonna get Supernatural or Vampire Diaries. That's just how it always goes.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Hey I don't know if this is cool to do here or not but if anyone going to SDCC could pick me up a copy of Giant Size Kung Fu Bible Stories from the Image booth I'd gladly pay double the price for it. I want that comic so goddamn bad.

PM me your phone number, if you can text - I wouldn't mind picking this up for you but I'd want to make 100% when I'm there that you're still up for it.

It's too bad none of the exclusives I've seen so far are very exciting to me. I like cool art stuff like that rad Steamboat Mickey I bought a year or two ago.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaargh dude I was supposed to room with is flaking on me. Thanks, guy. Now I get to find accommodations for four people day before the con.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Darko posted:

I have preview night; I'll check the thread tomorrow if I ever decide to leave the beach and head to the actual con.

You can try asking around on friends of cc. I have no idea if this room is still open:

http://friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=3614.0

I actually already have :) I've messaged a few people and posted. Hopefully something comes up, otherwise it's the car for us :'(

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Alan Smithee posted:

Talk to the OP

I would have but I didn't want to insult him with the paltry amount of money I had to offer ;) It's alright though, I seem to have found a place.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Satorr posted:

I slept for three and a half hours and am now in line to camp the Indigo Ballroom for half the day. I hope I don't fall asleep and snore.

How's the line? I'm not even gonna get in until 11 but I'm curious.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Never before have I feared of not getting Saturday. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Bummer! I guess I'll pick up a Thursday badge if I can, then try my luck for Friday and Saturday on general sales day.

e: gently caress Thursday is almost gone too!! I wonder if they allotted less for presales this year. Or my party just has bad luck. Oh well, either way.

e again: Woaaaah, even Sunday sold out so soon!!

bobula fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread