Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I know I'm not changing my buying habits. As many days as I can get.

I'm getting a weird premonition that my luck has finally run out and I won't get passes this year. Oh well, que sera sera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I must say that I am feeling very conflicted this year. First, I'm getting a weird premonition that my luck has finally run out (hell, last year I even scored every Nerd HQ panel I wanted). Second, I really should save the money. On the other hand, it's Comic-Con. I'm half hoping this lottery clusterfuck (you know it will be) will save me from making a hard decision.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Well, everyone has an infinitesimally greater chance of getting passes now. I've decided not to go this year. Primarily it's monetary. I could afford it but I have to adjust my priorities for reasons I don't feel like going into.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I won't be going this year, but I will probably peek into SA and Facebook to see how much of a boondoggle sales are. :munch:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Judging from Twitter, it seems to be going well. This is all because I'm not going this year. I'm always the person whose line at the grocery store or fast food place is the slowest.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not going this year because of budgetary reasons, but good luck to all of you.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The whole thing is just way too crowded. I'm no veteran - my first year was '08 - but it sure as hell wasn't this bad the first few years I went. You could get up early and stand a good chance of getting into whatever you wanted to. You didn't have to sleep out overnight for nearly everything. And you could walk the floor without being packed in like sardines. Now the floor is so crowded every day (not just Sunday when the vendors have deals) that you can barely take pictures of cosplayers.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Satorr posted:

Questions from the audience at Comic-Con panels are always a train wreck waiting to happen. It's some of the best schadenfreude ever. People ask some really weird poo poo sometimes and you can feel the entire room squirming.

I remember one year at a Doctor Who/Torchwood panel when they ended the questioning, a girl who didn't get to ask her question ran out of the room crying.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Petco was the site of last year's highlight of the con (for me). Nerd HQ did a screening of Serenity. Hundreds of us all camped out on the grass, enjoying the movie. Fillion and Tudyk were there and MST-d the first few minutes of the movie. It was a lovely night.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Now it begins. I'm not going this year, and it's going to be super hard not to click on any of the links and find out what I'm missing.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Woohoo! I had resigned myself to not going this year (need to save the money for more practical purposes) but I might be able to go on Sunday (I'd be taking a friend who's a guest at a panel; he's got mobility issues and needs someone to help him out). It's a long shot but it'd be nice if it happened; a day of con is better than no con at all. :dance:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've heard Nathan Fillion will be there too. My guess is Sunday so he can hang out with the Thrilling Adventure Hour crowd and with Joss.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not going this year because of budgetary reasons. Everyone have a good time!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Good news! Looks like I might be able to go after all. Lucked into a Sunday-only badge, and it's extra good because one of my best friends is on a panel that day.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
This. The beauty of having the Con in San Diego is that it's in such a great part of town, with so many restaurants and other places in easy walking distance. I'm in the LA area and Con here would be a disaster. The LA Convention Center is fine for smaller ones like Stan Lee's Comikaze, but not something with the size and sprawl of SDCC, and certainly not where you'd want to stay late and have fun (downtown LA is boring or nasty).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Professional registration for next year is now open.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Just sent off my professional application. How long does it usually take to hear yay or nay on those?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I sent my first-time pro application in last week. They say on the website it can take 4-6 weeks. Anxious to find out what they say.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Will you be informed if you don't get professional status? Or is it "no news is bad news"?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got notice of my Trade Pro registration today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Any rumor on pro registration? This will be my first year going as a pro (hooray for self-publishing!).

• Locked thread