Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
The. 120second refresh freaks me out. They could be sold out in 10 refreshes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

For those who got in did you log in to the waiting area early or late?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

We've got 4 friends and one got in so we got all but one ticket and the rest of us don't have the heart to let him know one of us got in.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Out of 4 of us logging in only one has gotten in. That's pretty lovely stats

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I'm hearing others say that if someone else got you tickets its not letting you get them for others.

Edit: just saw last post confirm this. :(

Edit2: secured 4 day

Shawn fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 8, 2014

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I'm in. But we got all we need who needs whatever's left

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Soarer posted:

Can you purchase for 2?

I can do 3

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Soarer posted:

can you please buy thurs/sun for

Done. Email me at cracknaticman at hotmail dot com so I can forward confirmation. Paypal is the same address.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 8, 2014

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Good luck anyone looking to deal with regular registration. Man if not for having 4 people working towards our tickets we would have been screwed.

Maybe a pre-planned set of people looking out for each other might work better for the thread when that time comes.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Neraren posted:

No, you can't.

Yeah if you follow further down the thread I figured out that I couldn't put my name and member id and actually did manage to buy for someone else.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Mr. Onslaught posted:

What's the next step from here? I never paid attention to the final desperation ways to get a badge, was it just hoping you see a random official sale on eBay that they did a few days before the Con?

Three years ago neither of my friends had badges and someone in this exact thread sold me the badges of him/his wife since they couldn't attend. We printed college IDs with photos of my friends/names of the guy who sold me the badges so that they could pick them up. They were sweating bullets while I watched laughing in the background, and ultimately the people who were handing out the badges didn't even check their ID since it was later in the day haha.

I think this was me. My wife and I bought a house that year, and that remains the only year I haven't gone since 2003.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

FuzzySlippers posted:

That was my first time doing the crazy wait and I enjoyed it but there was quite a contrast between the Walking Dead cast who seemed to really engage with their characters and be fired up about it and the GoT cast who (outside of Robb) seemed bewildered by fans and mostly seemed to just shrug the whole thing off.

It isn't that interesting to hear a bunch of people basically say they just read the scripts put in front of them. My wife was grumpy that all the actors also kept saying the pat phrase about how it is easy when the screenwriters have such great ideas and write great scripts and were ignoring the fat guy on stage who actually wrote the books.

Apropos of nothing, my wife and I saw Billie Dee Williams at Phoenix Comic-con a year or two ago, and he was AWFUL. Maybe we were spoiled because we had seen Bill Shatner, Leonard Nemoy, Stan Lee and a bunch of other stars who have absolutely got their con poo poo together. But this is exactly what Billie Dee said over and over again, "I dunno, I did it because I wanted to get paid." Worst celebrity I've ever seen give a panel.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken, does that make me a douchebag? I'm ok with that.

I didn't realize it was a thing hating people taking pictures without saying anything. I always worry about slowing people down, because I know if I'm in the walkways I'm running from one place to another as fast as I can, and if I'm in the exhibit hall I'm trying not to block traffic.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Thanks wazzit! I once again cheated my way through while sitting in panels I didn't give a poo poo about.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Doesn't one of the hotel bars pipe in the feed of the masquerade, anyone know which? We want to do the masquerade but also want to get our drink on.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Same thing, we have 4 people working on getting in and covering for each other, so we'll have at least one extra slot available, and my wife and I will keep waiting even if someone else gets in first.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Preview night out. Anyone get in? Not anyone I know.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I wonder if they have cut down availability significantly. That was awfully fast for preview night to get sold out.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Missed out on Saturday and Preview Night. So far I was the only one to get in before Friday was gone.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Is Sunday all that's left? we still need 2 more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

All gone.

Are you still in with two spots? I have two friends who didn't get in

• Locked thread