Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

XOIC of Radishes posted:

The mind boggles. :psyduck: I feel like people spend more time waiting/camping in order to buy collectibles at MSRP, than they would spend working in order to afford a marked-up resale of the item on ebay. Same goes for those hoping to flip them for a profit: that 12 hours of waiting isn't going to amount to much on a per hour basis.

Unless you're in it "for the experience" and derive satisfaction from the hunt, it just seems like a terribly stressful venture. All of this is old news of course.

edit: It could also be that many people don't have rooms to stay in, and they just pick a line to "invest" in the night before when camping out. Someone mentioned that there's a trend of buying a 1-month gym membership in the nearby area in order to camp in lines overnight and then be able to take a shower/freshen up at will. Unfortunately, you can smell the campers who don't do this from a mile away :barf:

Nothing on planet Earth is worth this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

I've gone to Comic Con since the 80's (When it was in the loving CIVIC CENTER) so you can imagine how drat alien this show is to me now. I remember getting a badge with a photocopied anime girl on it.

If I wasn't an exhibitor there I probably would not attend at this point.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Just wanted to let you guys know- our Mega64 panel this year is gonna be on Friday at 8PM in 6DE. We're in a WAY bigger room this year as to hopefully not turn anyone away this time. It's going to be a lot of fun so I hope you can make it!

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

bobula posted:

There are three certain things in this life. Death, taxes and new Mega64 con exclusive DVD.

HA! Wrong! Busted!

...We have a Con Exclusive Blu Ray this year.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Jack Skeleton posted:

And this year's Power Rangers exclusive, just cause every year needs one of these to cause a cluster gently caress.

http://aggressivecomix.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-exclusive-bandais-green-ranger-set/

I'll admit, that takes me back. But poo poo if I'll give up two days just to try to get one. Why they even try to make it such a low production number is beyond me.

I don't really understand the appeal of a super-difficult-to-get Dagger that doesn't look like the one in the show, when they JUST released one that looked perfect in stores a month ago. Kind of relieved I don't feel the need to wait for this though!

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Yeah I also think it's totally on the driver there. The people in the crowd weren't doing anything until he starting blaring his horn and moving into the crowd. One guy knocked on his window, two guys sat on the hood as a joke/to get him to stop and the guy just floored it through the loving crowd and took off. Idiot. At no point did anyone "swarm" or attack his car.

Also I like the people in the youtube comments saying that if they heard someone yelling FLIP THE CAR they would freak out too... except the driver was deaf. :v:

This is insane to me. The dude thought him and his children were in danger. Two guys "sitting on his hood as a joke" was perceived as a threat and he gunned it. He had every right to protect his kids. Are people really defending the loving zombie walk over this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Accident aside, what was your evaluation of Comic-con this year, Rocco?

edit: Also, it's obviously the kids' fault.

Speaking as an exhibitor: this Comic Con was really tough. There is too much extraneous poo poo going on for many booths to get any attention, and the show is so drat expensive that nobody has any money by the time they get to many of them. Just about every exhibitor we talked to was taking a major hit from last year. You've already seen a bunch of articles about exhibitors/booths that aren't coming back next year, and while I can't name names, I think you'll be really shocked at who isn't returning.

It's not the staff's fault or anything, but the major price increase on booth space for next year didn't help the situation. It was a real bummer ending to the whole thing.

That being said- the panel we ran went really well and was super fun. I have never done that Walking Dead stadium thing, but a couple of our gang got invited to that and said it was rad as well.

• Locked thread