Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
"The waiting room is moving customers to their registration session every 120 seconds. Your personal registration session will begin when you have reached the front of the line. Make sure to have your Member ID ready!"

So, uh... we're in a random spot of the line but they aren't gonna tell us where? Hoo boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Sounds like some of you people need to ditch Hall H and head over to the Adult Swim stuff in Indigo if you want to see panels that are genuinely funny, unique, and engaging. I've gone for 2 years now and the panels have consistently cracked me up all day.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I've never done parking before so I have no idea, but does that also include convention center parking (as coveted as it is, figured I'd give it a shot this year)?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

quote:

Q: Will the system allow me to purchase multiple permits per day?
A: No. Each account is restricted to one permit per day for Comic-Con. If you need to purchase more than one permit, you will need to setup multiple accounts.

I realize that this is the stupidest question anyone will read today, but they mean you're only allowed to buy one permit for each of the comic con days per account, not that each account can only pick one of the comic con days to register parking for, right? My brain must not be working right to even think this could be a thing.

Also it's my first year trying this and I'm shocked that the convention center parking is the cheapest. I would've figured it would be jacked up sky high since they know it'll sell out no matter what.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Not even getting the site with 500 errors anymore, now I'm just getting near-instant browser "site is gone" messages.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Just completed my third go-around of watching my partial cart timeout. Holy poo poo, and I thought just waiting for tickets was bad.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Just updated via twitter:

quote:

@AceParking
Comic-Con Update: The site should be back up by 3:15pm today.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
They changed it to 2:45 quietly, but everyone goonrushed it again and it's dead yet again. They're telling people to change browsers and/or clear their DNS but that's not working. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Edit: poo poo, double post

Edit 2: On their Facebook

quote:

The site is back down. Seems to be some sort of DDoS attack. In laymen's terms, someone is trying to take down our site as soon as it goes live. We will update you as soon as we know more. #SDCC2014 #SDCC #sdccparking
Apparently high demand is now considered a DDoS attack from "someone".

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 20, 2014

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

quote:

Good news: We have identified the issue. Bad news: The site will NOT be back up today.

And there you go. For the record, they have since deleted their DDoS tweet/post, I think even they realized you can't trick a bunch of dorks with computer lingo. Hopefully we get a new time soon.

FilthyImp posted:

I just checked and was able to make a purchase. go time? Aaaaand it's gone again. Hope my order processed. -_-
E: Weird, quoted your post before you made the change, but not now reflects the edit. Neat!

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 21, 2014

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Despite shutting down, there was a brief window of opportunity an hour ago, and according to some screencaps the convention center is already full for Thursday and Saturday

https://twitter.com/sd_comic_con/status/468912724505018369

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Apparently even people who get in report problems checking out once Ace re-closes the event, so even if you get in and grab spots there's a good chance you'll time out. A few might pull it off overnight, but I'm anticipating similar levels of insanity tomorrow at 8am

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Just got in. Convention center is sold out all days but I got in the Hilton Bayfront for my 3, which is almost as good. And now I can sleep til my normal work time tomorrow!

Edit: Wow, spoke too soon, Hilton sold out all days except Wednesday. Good luck goons!

Edit 2: This is odd, no confirmation e-mail and no pending charge, but I have my barcode, I've printed it, and it's in my purchase history. I'm gonna assume the rest will come later. Oh well, better than being one of those people tweeting that they have over a dozen attempts worth of charges pending on their cards.

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 21, 2014

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing that means the rest of the networks WB owns will be rolling out their own schedules soon. At least from that, it looks like Adult Swim is back in Indigo on Friday.

Not mentioned in this release, but there's gonna be a Batman '66 panel in Hall H from 6-7pm on Thursday, with Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Dr Tran posted:

Adult Swim panels

Children’s Hospital – Room 25ABC, Thursday 6PM-7PM
The Venture Bros – Indigo Ballroom, Friday 12:15PM-1PM
The Triumph/McBrayer Panel – Indigo Ballroom, Friday 1PM-1:45PM
Rick and Morty – Indigo Ballroom, Friday 1:45PM-2:30PM
Mike Tyson Mysteries – Indigo Ballroom, Friday 2:30PM-3:15PM
Robot Chicken – Indigo Ballroom, Friday 3:15PM-4PM

I'm glad the AS stuff is starting a little later than normal this year, assuming the panels before are Regular Show and Adventure Time, I can probably show up right at noon and walk in when they end. It's astounding how much the rooms clear out for the transition between CN and AS. Also goddamn that's a fantastic lineup of weirdos, this is gonna be great.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Satorr posted:

The Mike Tyson Mysteries panel may have ruined the rest of the convention for me.

It was that good.
I don't even care if I get to go again next year because nothing is gonna top that for a loooooooooong time.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know where you go to redeem tickets given out in panels for goodies? In Indigo they mentioned it maybe twice the entire day and never again.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm glad the majority of vendors have started taking cards through their phones. In years past I've never brought enough cash to buy great animation cels or anything like that, but this year it was no issue. Well, no issue except for when I'm no longer Con drunk and look at my account. But it means I didn't have to use my cash for anything but food and sketches.

Speaking of, sadly every time I checked Aaron Kuder wasn't in Artist Alley, but I got an awesome 5 minute Batman sketch from Chris Burnham, so it evens out. During the sketching, apropos of nothing, Chris Sims waddled up (not trying to make an appearance dig, it's exactly how he chose to take his last 10 steps towards the table) to talk to him and I've never done a faster "oh is this somebody importa- ...nope" reaction in my life.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
God dammit, already? Has it ever been this early? I feel like its always been in Spring, but due to them trying new technology out in the fall that goes wrong and they need to take months to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friday and Saturday sold out.

• Locked thread