Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I dont understand why they dont just do it like Hydra planned in Captain America 2. You look at someone's credit cards and financial history and just let the people in, in order of how much they will spend at Comic Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I've heard Nathan Fillion will be there too. My guess is Sunday so he can hang out with the Thrilling Adventure Hour crowd and with Joss.

Given Molly will be there... probably.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

It wasnt a Watts style riot, the Broncos didn't just win the Superbowl or anything. It was just Comic Con. So yeah- we're taking the pedestrians side.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

Further, in almost any incident where an event is seen as being an "exclusive" event, which SDCC now is because of ticket/hotel purchasing difficulty, demand is driven up. So, it will only get worse.

This is not necessarily true. Exclusivity is just one of many factors that go into demand. It is perfectly easy to book a hotel not in the circuit and communte using public transportation and still hit everything easily.

Convention culture is on the rise nationwise. Denver is growing each year from jack nothing where I could work the biggest table sitting next to Stan Lee's autograph station to stuffed in a corner inside of a year. There are a lot of outlets that are developing and the big box events are starting to trickle in. They book and cancel now, but soon they will be trotting all the Marvel Cinematic Universe headliners for panels at these secondary cons. Watch ABC will be drop shipping Clark Gregg and supporting cast across the nation this year.

• Locked thread