Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

[*]You can purchase 3 badges. If you buy a badge for someone already in line, that person may purchase badges for 3 other people.

Does any know if this is still limited to people who attended last year and have member IDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Anyone get confirmation emails yet? My friend said he got my badge but is waiting on the confirmation email still.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
So I got to the front of the line, tried to sign in and got this: Badges have already been purchased for this Member ID. You cannot add this member to your order!

So I guess I'm good. Good luck to everyone else.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Yeah. I'm just settling for Hilton if the transaction would just go through.

EDIT: So my cart has apparently been emptied due to inactivity due to the servers failing. Sweet.

ElmerTheWasabi fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 20, 2014

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
I'm watching my timer go down while I wait for it to reserve my stupid spots.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Last year was pretty similar right? I mean, not in terms of the 5 minute time limit bullshit. More so that the site crashed, and it came back up later that day? Because I remember not being able to buy parking for whatever reason, then I checked back the next day and the good parking was all sold out already.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

http://comic-con.org/toucan/22sdcc-2014-introducing-toucan-tracker-wristbands-hall-h%E2%80%99s-first-panel-of-day

The each day's first panel in Hall H will require a wristband to get in.
Wristband distribution ends at 1AM and resumes at 5AM until all wristbands are gone.

That sucks. I'm pretty conflicted since I want to see the Thrones and Fox panels, but everything else will be a chore to sit through on top of waiting for hours in line. My friend was planning on camping out anyway so I could have just joined him, but now that wouldn't do me any good since I wouldn't have a wrist band.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
My main issue is that my parking at the Hilton isn't overnight parking. I have to be out of the parking lot by 2am. Hopefully I can be there at 1am and get a wrist band. My friends camp out while I take my car home to not get towed, take a shower, rest for a couple hours and come back.

This is under the assumption that passing out those wrist bands isn't terribly inefficient of course.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Are any goons planning on braving the Hall H line for Friday and/or Saturday? A friend and I are planning on it already, but strength in numbers and all that.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Yoshifan823 posted:

Apparently the super long Hall H line is back with a vengeance tonight. I'm seriously considering taking this year off, much as I want to see the Justice League stuff tomorrow.

It is. I'm in the line but really far back. Past Joe's Crab Shack near this concert or whatever. If anyone is in line ahead of me and wants to be a hero, let me know.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
I just sent mine as well. Never applied as a pro before, but with the lottery system I gotta try to maximize my chances.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Just got my email approval as a trade professional. Sent my application in on the 18th, so it took just over a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
So I'm registered as a Trade Pro, but also qualify for regular pre-registration since I attended last year.

How is the trade professional registration process? Do trade pro badges sell out quickly too?

I'm mostly trying to get an idea of if I need to try to use both of these. If there isn't too much hassle with getting a trade pro badge, I'd like to just do that so I can also get a guest badge for a friend, but if those will also have potential to sell out, I might just try for regular pre-reg. This is assuming regular pre-reg is before trade pro.

• Locked thread