Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Has anyone tried going in with multiple comps/browsers yet? Just curious to see if it's the normal "don't listen to the instructions because they're always wrong" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

I just did. Supposedly I only have one active session but I have two browsers with spinning circles.

Edit: It booted my other session, so yes, 1 reg code = 1 browser session

Wow, the instructions actually are correct? Insane.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Since we can get three or whatever, if someone can't get in, I can grab a pass and you can paypal me the money or something and vice versa.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, the page seems to be working - got the "there are quite a few of you - lining you up" message.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I got in and used up all of my slots buying for one friend and one goon. That means two less people waiting in line, at least.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shawn posted:

Good luck anyone looking to deal with regular registration. Man if not for having 4 people working towards our tickets we would have been screwed.

Maybe a pre-planned set of people looking out for each other might work better for the thread when that time comes.

People should really start organizing "sets" of friends depending on how many tickets you can buy far in advance as opposed to everyone attempting solo and then asking for help after not being able to get in.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

No kidding, man these are inconvenient.

I had a Mission Bay hotel last year for the first day or two and it worked perfectly fine. I was lucky with placement, but shuttles ran every 10 min or less, and it only took me 20 to get downtown (and I got to meet/talk to people on the trip, on the way).

I worked my way into a downtown one later, though, and preferred it, obviously, but Mission Bay wasn't really a pain, just not as good. It is worth the saved money if money is an issue, I'd say.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was too late on my hotel filling out and got nothing.

Last year, though, downtown/Coronado stuff popped up from time to time if you checked constantly, so I'm not too worried.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's more likely that those that entered too late get theirs first.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Coronado is nice - that was a high choice for me. That's where a lot of the celebs stay as well - I saw Jon Snow there last year (can't remember the actor's name). I was going to rent a boat to avoid the ferry lines, though. Or cab it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I've seen shooting dates here for Batman v Superman Comic-con weekend, so I doubt they'll do a panel/presence for it.

edit: Although it -could- be second unit stuff, so there's no confirmation.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, they're holding a weird passcode contest to get free Comic-con passes now. https://www.facebook.com/comiccon/photos/a.327485762374.151178.255364922374/10152579885592375/?type=1&theater

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

They've had a couple of these and did it a number of times in past years. My problem with them doing this now is if you have tickets, that's great.....what about the rest of the poo poo that everyone else got a jump on with (hotel, parking specifically).

Hotels are actually always available ~one month or so before the con downtown (which is why I never really worry about the hotel lottery).

For instance, the Westin Gaslamp is available at this moment, although it fluctuates daily and might be closed by the time you check it out.

https://www.tphousing.com/r2/HotelAvail.aspx?FromPage=hoteltier.aspx&EICode=2896&AttCode=72&WebSessionsResID=22894256

Something else a mile or so away will be open for a day in the next few days and disappear, and so on. That's why you should never really settle for out of downtown hotels unless you want to stay somewhere else or just want to save the money.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

False Toaster posted:

This is a bit last minute but does anyone have a spare 4 day badge to sell? I lucked out with free transportation and accommodations to SD for the weekend. I figured it'd be worth a shot to ask around.

Last year, I went with two friends who didn't have badges, and they both ended up with badges that people gave them for the rest of the weekend. I even let an "Internet friend" borrow my badge for a day that I wandered around elsewhere. It depends on how good you are at networking/who you know - I would personally go out there anyway for free and play everything by ear.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I have preview night; I'll check the thread tomorrow if I ever decide to leave the beach and head to the actual con.

bobula posted:

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaargh dude I was supposed to room with is flaking on me. Thanks, guy. Now I get to find accommodations for four people day before the con.

You can try asking around on friends of cc. I have no idea if this room is still open:

http://friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=3614.0

Darko fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 22, 2014

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sigh, my phone wasn't working around the con, or I would have done Paramount (and gotten to see Nolan/new Interstellar trailer).

I'm actually doing Hall H on Saturday, which is normally the worst day. We're probably going to get drunk around 10-11pm and then jump in the line. We prepacked blankets and sleeping bags, so we should be fine; it worked out last year.

Yes, Hall H is highly stupid, but I don't do exclusives or buy much, and it has become kind of a tradition to do one *effort* thing per con by waiting in line forever.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Are we organizing some backup buyers here (for those that went last year)?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'll be able to help out as well if I get in.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

No one I know, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A friend got me 4 days, which is cool, but I missed out on buying for my friends, which sucks.

• Locked thread