Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
Been in the waiting room since 7 am, still waiting :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
Knowing your place in line and having a meter showing how many badges are left would be nice ;[

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

If anyone gets in and can buy two badges for me, please lemme know

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Jesus :cry:

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

I sorta understand the logic behind random placement in line (since it doesn't matter what time you sign in during the 7 to 9 AM window, everybody won't rush in at 7 AM and crash their poo poo like years past).

However, it makes no sense that they don't tell you your spot in line once the random assignment has taken place. What could possibly be the reasoning for that? To encourage people to drop out (and decrease server load) out of boredom/hopelessness?

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

They used to tell you your spot in line and have a bar showing the amount of badges remaining for each day :smith:

I got Fri and Sun during the previous attendee registration, fingers crossed to pick up a Sat right now and a Fri-Sun for my friend. Otherwise I'll have nobody traveling with me to the con and have a gap in my attendance days :suicide:

I just realized I use more emoticons on Comic Con registration days than I do on every other day combined, so much ~stress~

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

clearlydemon posted:

Got mine! I'm still in the waiting room with another member id, so if somebody needs two tickets, email me (removed).

How would payment and confirmation for this work? I need a Sat for myself and a Fri-Sun for my friend, sent you an email with ID info and such

Mr. Onslaught fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 15, 2014

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Soarer posted:

He gets a payment confirmation email, you can paypal him the funds. The actual ticket emails go to the emails the user IDs are registered with.

Well that's convenient!

I have PayPal at the ready for anyone who wants to get me a Sat and a Fri-Sun for my travel buddy

clearlydemon, did my e-mail go through/any chance you can do this?

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

clearlydemon posted:

You are the second one, after motherbox. I'm waiting for their info, but If they don't contact me soon, I'll get yours and you can paypal me back.

Sorry to the rest who emailed me after!

Dope, thanks so much. Just to be 100% clear, the ONSLAUGHT ID from my email needs just Sat, and the Poestkoke ID needs Fri, Sat, Sun

ONSLAUGHT ID last name is Williams
Poestkoke ID last name is Poestkoke

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Thanks anyway. If anyone else has room for 2 people, we only need 4 days total so that would be less of a load on your credit card....(though I will obviously Paypal you back instantly)

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Since there's nothing else to do right now but bitch and watch a blue spinning circle, I've been reflecting on my experiences getting into the Con. I've gone for 15 straight years now, the first time I went was for a superhero card game tournament called Overpower. Walked up the day of the Con, waltzed through that upstairs semi-outdoor badge purchasing area, filled out a notecard and paid in cash in person. That continued for a long time, and then around 2002ish it seemed like you could still get a badge in person without pre-registering, but there was a bit of a line. Then it started shifting more towards online...you could still get a badge for weeks (months?) after they became available, but they would sell out online and you couldn't get one in person. After that it all went downhill with year after year of horrible management for online log ins and crashes and such. I think 2011 was the year where a shitload of people spent Fri night of the con just camping out to be able to buy 2012 tickets Saturday morning. Our 350 dollar hotel went unused that night, and we basically spent half of our time at the con just waiting in line to be able to get into next year's con...presumably to repeat the process. After that fiasco they implemented a new online pre-reg system for previous year attendees, and I'm pretty sure that was super smooth and easy to get into 2013. Now they have this lotto nonsense and I'm hopping mad!

:words:

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

:cry:

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Welp I'm still looking for a Fri/Sun for my friend if anyone has an open slot

Bummer that I couldn't get myself a Sat but if he can get Fri/Sun at least I'd still have someone confirmed to travel with me

Oh NM Friday just sold out :smith:

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

What's the next step from here? I never paid attention to the final desperation ways to get a badge, was it just hoping you see a random official sale on eBay that they did a few days before the Con?

Three years ago neither of my friends had badges and someone in this exact thread sold me the badges of him/his wife since they couldn't attend. We printed college IDs with photos of my friends/names of the guy who sold me the badges so that they could pick them up. They were sweating bullets while I watched laughing in the background, and ultimately the people who were handing out the badges didn't even check their ID since it was later in the day haha.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Do you know anyone personally who's going? There's a way to get a badge off them assuming you guys are cool

You mean have two people go in, one comes back out with two badges, and then someone without a badge can get in? :ssh:

We had to do that one year out of necessity because someone stole my friend's badge (not directly grabbed off him, but he set it down in a seat next to him and glanced away for a sec).

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

batphantom posted:

I hear this year they're using subdermal implants to track congoers.

They seriously went after people who tried to sell their badges on Craigslist and banned any badges that were sold that way. You used to not have to show ID to pick it up either, but they implemented that to prevent re-selling too (hence my story above about my friends needing to make fake IDs for a loving comic book convention lol)

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

There's that but there's also one that requires a replacement fee but is ultimately less of a headache for everybody

Oh?

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

So what's the risk with the replacement badge fee thing, wouldn't everyone just abuse this if it was easy to get away with?

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Don't Troll Me, this is an emotional day..

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

I just wanted to purchase merchandise for all my favorite and beloved characters such as X-Man and The Ray. Thanks for nothing, Comic Con International..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

I'm surprised I've never heard of that because it seems like a pretty braindead way to get badges for people who don't have one. If you wanted to be ridiculously safe you could also have an ID that matched the name of the replacement badge with your picture on it :tinfoil:

• Locked thread