Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I heard that. I really heard that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"Getting all potted up" is my favorite saying ever.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
"All potted up"
It's got to be intentional parody. There's just no other way. No one could possibly be that stupid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm totally using 'getting all potted up' in real life.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Did I just hear brown haired guy not named Steve Doocy say "thanks for getting us krunk"?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair beer IS magic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

Papa Bear's shows audience is literally nothing but old people going "I'm afraid of the present!!!!".
No its also Middle Age women saying, "My kids are so lazy and always on the computer"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just opened a beer, but no bikini ladies showed up. Maybe thats only mass market US pisswater.

Hey, what do cops have to say about it? "Hey we can focus on serious crime like meth labs"

achillesforever6 posted:

No its also Middle Age women saying, "My kids are so lazy and always on the computer"

So, women that were teenagers in the 70s and 80s...where the stereotype for kids was talking on the phone all day.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Going back to football, the two best teams in the NFL record-wise are in states where weed is legal or will become legal. Coincidence? Not likely.

twistedmentat posted:

Hey, what do cops have to say about it? "Hey we can focus on serious crime like meth labs"
I'm pretty sure that the Seattle police department supported the legalization measure in Washington for this reason.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

God imagine what weed commercials would be like if they tried to be as over the top as beer commercials.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Speaking of dumb commercials, holy gently caress gum is not that exciting Jesus!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Speaking of dumb commercials, holy gently caress gum is not that exciting Jesus!

And whenever I see I, Frankenstein commercials, I feel deeply sorry for Aaron Eckhart.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

God imagine what weed commercials would be like if they tried to be as over the top as beer commercials.
The equivalent of what I'd imagine a typical LSD commercial would be.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

They wouldn't need to be over the top, that's the beauty of weed smokers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BrooklynBruiser posted:

And whenever I see I, Frankenstein commercials, I feel deeply sorry for Aaron Eckhart.

I always calmly inform the TV that the monster was not named Frankenstein; the doctor was named Frankenstein and the monster never had a name.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I love Steve Coogan, but I can never unsee him as Tony Wilson.

EDIT: Oh god a book thats like 10 years old is cheap in some unknown store! Suck it libs!

Hah, I almost shoot beer out of my nose with him talking about the T rex pills.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 8, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
How long ago did that book come out?

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, I almost shoot beer out of my nose with him talking about the T rex pills.

Stop predicting the future. :argh:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Remember, Frank Luntz coined the term "climate change." It's "climate change" when it's convenient and "global warming" when it's not.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait they WON'T give me T-Rex dick?!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Steve Doocy wrote a book? Steve Doocy can write?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm not looking at that graphic.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait, I thought the Republicans already fixed income equality?
You know, by making it impossible for poor people to vote.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

haveblue posted:

I always calmly inform the TV that the monster was not named Frankenstein; the doctor was named Frankenstein and the monster never had a name.

The trailer seems to wave that away by having Aaron Eckhart's character refer to the doctor as his father.

e: No one worships a golden calf! It's a BRONZE BULL!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Yes, Mr. Pope, stop spreading the lessons present in the Bible drat it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What a petulant child. Burn the rich.

Hooray, Father Jim!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

God gently caress these people for being rich selfish pricks, its things like this that I hope Dante was right. I mean giving to the poor and not worship money is something that Jesus actually said. And I didn't know that the Guitarist from Faith No More was a chaplin now :haw:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm sorry, my bible says NOTHING about helping the Poor. Not that I ever read it but I know what it says in my gut!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
"If you have a problem with Pope Francis, you have a problem with Jesus." :drat:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

Yes, Mr. Pope, stop spreading the lessons present in the Bible drat it.
No you only use the bible to spread the message of anti science, conservative values, and burning gays drat it!!!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The new Pope is great because of how much he pisses off conservatives just by trying to be a good person.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rhonne posted:

The new Pope is great because of how much he pisses off conservatives just by trying to be a good person.
If right-wing American evangelicals didn't have a reason to hate Catholics before, they sure do now.

Biggie was a time traveler.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tweets in Time!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

If right-wing American evangelicals didn't have a reason to hate Catholics before, they sure do now.

Biggie was a time traveler.
I thought that was Tupac

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I thought that was Tupac

No he's immortal.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Uhh...what just happened?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Quick, check your brandy! :ohdear:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I would be very okay with the next attack coming to Florida.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
That time-travelling skit was embarrassing.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Lancelot posted:

That time-travelling skit was embarrassing.

It seemed like something stupid enough to work on Conan, but that just felt a bit out of place for Colbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
OH.loving.WOW.

This is loving stupid.

• Locked thread