Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
How in the hell is FOX and, apparently, the GOP backpedaling on global warming after quietly admitting "uh, well okay, maybe it's happening, but it's not man-made and it shouldn't be high on our priority list" last year?

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Walking Dad posted:

As an average person I can hardly express how much I loathe that Ronan Farrow guy.

Television doesn't need another privileged white guy telling people what to believe. Even if he is 26 and graduated from Yale while he was 12. 95 percent of people in power in America graduated from Yale or Harvard, the worldview they teach in those schools has had 200 years to prove itself and it ain't done such a good job.

I agree, gently caress that dude that spent the majority of his adult life thus far on charity/non-profits/state-department service/UNICEF/UN in crisis-regions or concerning crisis regions and/or on underprivileged youth advocacy because he is white and had parents with money because those are obviously the only reasons he graduated from college at age 15 and also because gently caress ~the ruling class~.

Jesus Christ, dude. :psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Did you guys all somehow miss that he has a show coming out?

I mean, basically 90% of guests have either a book, show, movie or cause to plug, so did this guy.
And I don't get why they shouldn't talk about his pretty impressive (I mean, we're not arguing about that, right?) resumee...every other guest that people may not know is introduced to us with the same kind of "For people who don't know who you are, here's who you are and what's noteworthy about you"-bit of the interview as well.

And that's what they talked about before plugging his show. My reaction was "uh, that's a goddamn impressive life you've lived so far while either going for education or doing poo poo for others", while other people apparently take "gently caress this white privileged dude that's telling me how to live (despite not telling me how to live at all)" away from it.

John repeatedly leaning on his resumee got a little tiring, I'll admit that, but why wouldn't you highlight that as a host in an interview?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 21, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yes I did actually miss that. Seriously it was glossed over so quickly I had no idea why he was there and I quite frankly don't care about his story since the interview wasn't particularly engaging.

To be fair, I barely recall anything too specific about that show either. Something with letting a group of people choose a goal or cause and then following their progress and checking in on them to see what they've managed to to in order to further that cause? Kinda sounds like a reality show concept.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dear god, I don't think I've ever yelled at a guest through my tv to shut the gently caress up and stop interrupting Stephen or speaking over him the entire. loving. interview.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for them to regionally block their VoD.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah. I had a friend with one. I blew up a watermelon with it once, it was quite impressive.

When I was an exchange student in Alabama (:cripes:) for a semester, some 13-year-old dude I rode with on the bus invited me over to shoot his 50cal. It was a bolt-action rifle, though. He explained to me he couldn't legally own a semi-automatic one till he was 16 (18?). The most impressive thing about it wasn't the way it blew water-filled gallon-jugs up, but how after every single shot, everything within like 4 yards of you was covered in several inches of dustcloud from the shockwave.

"So, uh, you're thirteen, you own a rifle powerful enough to take out small military vehicles at long ranges and you're upset because you can't own a version of it that pumps out a round every second until you're a few years older?"

:stare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 30, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That Patinkin interview felt to me like a rollercoaster between a little too serious for the Colbert Report and pricelessly funny.

Beautiful ending, too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Zach Galifinakis looks like a fat Gerard Butler these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Holy poo poo Bill Cosby slam.

I watched Conan just now and he dropped one of those bombs as well in some bit called "Celebrity Survey":

He followed it up with this facial expression, unchanged for roughly 5 solid seconds:

Looks like the floodgates have opened.

• Locked thread