Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

And you have to be in america (or know how to fake an american IP address).

The CBC up in Canada used to have the last few episodes up, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=GXE_n2q08Yw&audio_start=0

Goddamn it, I give.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've spent a good chunk of the past five years living abroad (in Europe, mainly) and there's always a way to circumvent the regional blocking. For a while the UK aired TDS and Colbert a day or two after the american airing, but then they abruptly stopped.

And if you don't give me a legal way to watch your show abroad, you drat well believe I'm going to watch it illegally. I don't know how many times I've had friends do the smug "I want to support the WRITERS, man" thing, before spending a week abroad and immediately start pirating everything.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I didn't meant to start slinging attacks, Its just a sensitive issue since I know so many people who act like streaming/torrenting is the Great Scourge and the reason artists are poor.

And yes, I understand that regional laws mean that its ridiculously difficult to get even a basic program cleared for international broadcast - but that doesn't make it any less idiotic. For all the talk about how "global" the world is, it still feels awfully limiting when I have to pull some computer voodoo just to watch american news (daily show, nbc news, etc.)

Ugh, sorry for getting dragged into this, let's get back to the Colbert Mourning train.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Anyone know what the rehearsal for an episode of the colbert report is like? There's a podcast on Slate about Colbert's workday, and he mentions a daily rehearsal that includes the rhythm of the "script, graphics, and audience response."

But then he later talks about coming out to greet the audience, so was the "audience" in the rehearsal just the crew?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The midterms matter because it COULD clear the way for republicans to control the Presidency and both houses in 2016.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

"Done saying goodbye?" Are you making GBS threads me? Colbert gets his little five second bit, and as the credits roll Hardwick says a word or two.

Chris Hardwick is weirdly like Jon Stewart - in that they've found shows that highlight their strengths. Hardwick's standup is an acquired taste, and most of his Nerdist stuff has an air of insincerity. But a weird game show that requires his boundless energy and the occasional quip? Good stuff.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I can get a large pepperoni from little ceasars for six dollars. Dominos and Pizza hut only are comparable if I get a huge group together - I'm in an apartment with health conscious roommates who aren't ever going to indulge in more than a slice of pizza.

Meanwhile, there's an excellent italian restaurant that does awesome pizza - but don't bother with a small or individual size. Their minimum is fifteen dollars.

Also, there's HUGE variance in each location. Dominos in particular ranges from "vaguely edible" to "Hey, not bad!" depending on where you're at.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I actually think Klepper has great chemistry with Stewart and the other correspondents, but his field pieces haven't really landed for me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

He got another high five in! gently caress yeah!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I feel like doing a good field piece and having good banter with Jon et al. in the studio are two very different things. Al Madrigal could get Jon (and us) to crack up in-person, but usually struggled with the field bits.

Someone like Jason Jones does nothing for me in the studio, but regularly puts up great interviews.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm really not sure why late night British shows are so great.

Same thing for the XFactor, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Man, no Colbert tonight. Its gonna be a rough transition.

• Locked thread