Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BrooklynBruiser posted:

And whenever I see I, Frankenstein commercials, I feel deeply sorry for Aaron Eckhart.

I always calmly inform the TV that the monster was not named Frankenstein; the doctor was named Frankenstein and the monster never had a name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My favorite part is how "do an unrewarding job you don't have a passion for" is a cutting-edge lifehack that no one has ever thought of.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

And so was the milk, hence my St Patricks day comment. Maybe it was Apple Jacks? They're green right?

Half green, half orange.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's a shame Hollande is a golem powered by strange because he's a pretty good politician but literally nothing will be remembered besides his unending hunt for puss.

I will always remember him for looking like a total goober (and giving me an excuse to use the word "goober").

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BigRed0427 posted:

Why does THe Daily Show office still have CRT's?

Because he smashed a monitor specifically rigged for the gag, not actual Daily Show office equipment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If anyone was curious:

Racists In Memoriam posted:

Billy Bob Deen
Lenore Q. Witherspoon
Philliput Frobisher
Col. Jessup Jessupp (Ret'd)
Gramps McGillicutty
Dr. Leroy M. Staiples
Soo Pak Leibowitz
J. R. R. Havlan
Gin Phlands
Klaus the Racist Dog
I. M. Klansman
Aunt Marge
That Guy Who Shouts In Tompkins Square Park
No The Other Guy
Corbutt Moonie
Arlene Schustterton
Noel Sinkelstein
Caroll Morbitt
Troy Don Wayne Jankins
Caesar Clairborne III
Somone's Uncle
Steven "Clanky" Bodow
Willard Cornwallis Stroop
Seymour "Poot" Chodikoff
Lurly Pinkwather
Adolf Whitesalot
Tempura Parang
Hallie Dagg-Lönd
Kelliot Alan
Dand Amirror
Penetta Fristhoeff
Whyette Sinnaque
Sauren Larva
Ray Saint Joss
Cory Balbanese
[Chinese]
Katt Moff, Esq.
Raniel Gaydosh
Tara Sakslerr
Nathan Bedford Forrest IX
Millicent Bumblebee
Benadryl Cumbersnatch
Bergdorf Hagman
Gandalf Jonze
J. Z. Barney
Spike Yee
Marietta Gangrech
Jah Shleeb
Dank McBoy
Samantha Hornett
Massiv Crandbi
Elister Laurence
Favon Tree
Harriet R. Buttersnatch
Queer Stan Everyman
Fay Janklynn
Arturo H. Boddingham
Hoboken J. Weehawken
Bronco V. Washingtan [sic]
Clementine Feverqueef
Fallopia Morris
J. Hank Beaverpong
Raoul Doodletaint

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 23, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's definitely her, since Aasif Mandvi and Wyatt Cenac are also in there (in mangled form). And a few other random celebrities for good measure.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The should have put Munchma Quchi in there for the cross-show reference.

e: Jah Shleeb is producer Josh Leib.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Y-Hat posted:

I was about to ask what award Bad Grandpa was nominated for, but it's for the same category that Norbit was nominated for.

For some reason the Oscar voters really love old man makeup.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What is this movie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

raditts posted:

A rerun? Did Daily Show and Colbert get snowed out?

Chris Hardwick mentioned this would be happening last night, so it doesn't seem to be an emergency change.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it all the gorilla?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

Wait, what? He's guilty of attempted murder, but not the actual murder? :psyduck:

Yep. Three counts of attempted murder and one count of firing at an occupied vehicle. The murder charge resulted in a hung jury and will be retried.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If it makes you feel better, he's still going to jail for the rest of his natural life. He's just not officially a murderer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've never heard anyone use the word "problematic" in that sense out loud before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So what is the difference anyway between transwoman, transgender woman, trans female, and trans * female?

(I seriously don't know this, not just snarking.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zero One posted:

Daily Show with Tiny Jew

And there's the next thread title.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

404GoonNotFound posted:

Forget the hair, why is she dressed like an extra in Blade Runner?

~art rock~

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

Canada blew something like 45 billion on trying to get F-35s. Think about this, we have only about 40 million people in this country. The goverment could have just given every man woman and child A BILLION Dollars and it would have resulted in something. We have scrapped the plan at this point because it was clear we were never going to get it. And, like all right leaning governments, is still seen as "financially responsible".

Everytime someone goes "It makes America look weak!" all I can think is "No one is going to gently caress with you on a conventional level, thats why all your problems are with terrorists and small groups.". These guys are still thinking the cold war is on or something. China isn't going to go to war with the US, and Iran and North Korea like to rattle their sabers (Iran less so now) but they're not actually going to do anything.

The worst thing about that plan is that it would kill the A-10, which despite being old, cheap, and unsexy is still extremely good at what it does, much more so than the F-35 variant filling its role will be.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wait, so the print shop would be compelled by law to print the signs?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tarquinn posted:

It was loving great, but I think Tek Jansen is still funnier.

This is funnier because it hasn't been run into the ground yet, also because it's a takeoff on a real story and not just Colbert being a goofball.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ahaha, that'll be even better than the Santorum thing if it takes off.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was a teacup, not a coffee mug.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Humor is inherently disrespectful and relies on denying expectations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It wouldn't be the first time they had someone on for a bit that was both a one-note joke and a plug (see Jeff Goldblum).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Jon Daily Show

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing that would make that car story better is if it had happened to Mitsubishi.

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait...theoretically, isn't that a risk with any car?

They probably used the wrong type of plastic that made it particularly attractive/insufficiently repellent.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He would absolutely and justifiably shut you down if you tried to derail the taping of his show like that. Not that I 100% buy the story.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

raditts posted:

It's pretty obvious, especially considering what you've said here. The Obama administration is an unstoppable force out to destroy MY AMERICAN FREEDOMS, except when they're ineffective because Obama is a toothless weakling pussy who can't get anything done and should be more of a manly man like Putin.

"I hate how Obama is trying to destroy freedom! Why can't he be more like the guy who succeeded at destroying freedom?"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Echo Chamber posted:

He invested a ridiculous amount of cash into Prop 8

How much? I thought it was just the one $1000 donation.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's great that he's moving on to bigger and better things but he's probably going to have to drop the exaggerated conservative windbag act and I'll miss it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zero One posted:

And who will CC get to fill that spot?

It's a real shame John Oliver is taken. Although maybe he won't be by the time the slot opens?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Echo Chamber posted:

Have Jessica Williams take over the "Stephen Colbert" character.

Suddenly all those "people tell me I'm white" jokes get a lot funnier.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

IrregularOreos posted:

After following him religiously since 06-07 (and catching up on every episode thanks to his website), this must be what it's like to suddenly lose something important that you loved. Something like when your best friend moves away.

He's going to be on Comedy Central until the end of the year, so it's more like finding out your best friend has cancer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also, the President's compensation is dictated by law and much harder to change.

Is this really unusual? I didn't think non-monarchic heads of state were particularly well-paid in general. And athletes get ridiculous pay all over the world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is it just me or is that lady really tall? :stare:

Sair posted:

Actually, Jon Stewart is shrinking.

No.1 Special posted:

She seems cool.

It could be that Jon is just very short.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Or it could be that he didn't put his chair back up after lowering it for Colbert.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

radlum posted:

I hope that's just the first of many "goodbye Colbert" montages in TDS, because it was pretty lame for such a great guy.

I was so disappointed that the Colbert banana video didn't appear. It should have at least been the moment of zen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Daily Show books are funny. The Colbert character loses most of its entertainment value without Stephen's performance so his books are not nearly as fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CSM posted:

Where the hell is that ultra creepy audio recording of the guy from? Holy christ, that's Silence Of The Lambs stuff.

The guy made it himself. He's a complete psychopath.

• Locked thread