Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oh gently caress you Bobbin. Now I have to reinstall DX for like the hundredth time.

(seriously though, I'll be watching)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

Also, I must ask: Bobbin, what IS your "baby" that you spoke of in the video? If it is what I think it is, you and I think alike.

99% chance it's the stealth pistol. What else would you throw the mods at that you don't have already? The ammo eater assault rifle? Come on.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Wait, where was the second bot? Must've missed something.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

Wait, so I'm not the only one here who actually played the Multiplayer? Awesome, yet hilarious.
I did too...

...maybe you're both my RL friends :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
You didn't use the ATM properly <:mad:> (first get money from all valid account, then break the ATM by hacking it for the rest; you get more money that way.)

And man, I never noticed how wooden and disjointed the dialogue sounds. Rosy-colored glasses and all that :(

Also:

quote:

NSF leader: The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is it freedom?
Random UNATCO guard: It's a living.
I love it :haw:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

double nine posted:

I'm going to need to reinstall that game, aren't I
Why haven't you done so yet?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Oh, it'll be a while before we see the properly bad Deus Ex voice acting.

(Shame we can't do spoiler jokes any more, because if there ever was a time for one...)

"I speel my drink!"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

IW I can understand, but what's wrong with HR?
Throw away the bosst battles and endings as they are, rework them entirely into something like The Missing Link and the endings from DX1 (so you have to put some effort in the last level at least), rework the last level so it's not a zombie slaughter and I'll be content. The rest of HR was awesome.

No Gravitas posted:

My problem with HR had boss battles. I never played it and I never will because of that. I don't care that bosses don't count as kills in some statistic. To me a kill is a kill.

(I'm one of those people that were upset about the one required kill in DX.)
Also, this. You have no right to make boss battles obligatory and put in a pacifist achievement at the same time :argh:
(and if you do put in a pacifist achievement, include some kill stats so we know when someone gets killed in a random way and ruins our playthrough :mad:)

Night10194 posted:

Obligatory mention of 'My vision is augmented.'

The voicework kind of grows on you, despite how bad it is. It was a simpler time.
Yeah, I already got used to it again :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Placing furniture around in Deus Ex is one of my favorite past times.

One of the games had the disco level triggered by taking the flag from the base entrance and dropping it into the toilet. (I think it was IW? How do you get to the disco level in DX1 anyway?)

Soricidus posted:

blurry text is better than being able to read "AWARD OF EXCELLENCE For Their Role in the Design and Construction of Relief Fire Co. / Residence Renovation" hanging on a doctor's office wall.
Says you. I loved it :allears:

quote:

Also misplaced apostrophes trigger me.
Here, however, my reaction was the same. I was better not knowing. There's something wrong with me.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 27, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Revenant Threshold posted:

It's the flag into Manderley's office toilet, then flushing, in IW.
Ah right, I totally forgot this base was in IW, tried to do the same here and wondered why the gently caress it wasn't working.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PolarPear posted:

I do need to move the dead NSF guy to a more prominent position now that I think of it.
What's more prominent than Manderley's desk? :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Prenton posted:

The MJ12 base is a special case as you're explicitly getting back your weapons. You have to be a bit careful and check, but one of the pistols in the armoury will be your modded one, etc.
Nah, just take all of them and the game'll count it as your modded one anyway.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I like how the checklist targets forum posters or generally the type of person that would be drawn to a game like DX. I don't think it's a coincidence... They know about us save yourselves brothers

idonotlikepeas posted:

2. My "favorite" part about the Tuskegee Experiment is the end year. Listen again if you missed it: 1972. Why did it end then? Because someone leaked it to the press and they had to shut it down. If that hadn't happened, when do you think we'd have heard about it?
I think the more appropriate question would be "what experiments did they manage keep secret?" :tinfoil:

Magnetic North posted:

but curing the actual deadly diseases is proving easier than immunizing people from foolish, easily disproved nonsense.
Even if an anti-nonsense vaccine did exist, some people would still refuse to take it :v:

Psychotic Weasel posted:

there is nothing so insidious or terrifying as germ warfare and what weaponized viruses can do
So innocent :allears:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Maremidon posted:

So I'm gonna guess JC never removes that stick from his rear end? He's not an unsympathetic character, but his stoicism makes some of the scenes he's in mildly funny.
His rear end is augmented.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I never knew that activating armor from the inventory screen makes it run silently :aaaaa: if this applies to hazmat suits as well, this may make them actually usable.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

idonotlikepeas posted:

There's a guy with a sniper rifle somewhere on that roof that, for some reason, frustrated the hell out of me the first time I played this game. I think I got capped by him more than any other enemy in the whole game. It might be the first dude you killed, in fact; it was either him or the one on the rooftop area with the triangular protrusions. I have no idea why I had such a mental block with that dickhead.
It's the second one, on the walkway next to a helipad, right over the roof you mentioned. That fucker :argh:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'm in similar situation as many of you when it comes to drugs - actually a few different factors: I can't smoke or drink alcohol (I get nauseous/physically irritated from tobacco smoke, and even a glass of wine can mean getting sick for days), I absolutely hate losing control (for me drugging someone is literally worse than murder) and as for psychedelics and similar "mind-expanding" substances, I was very interested in those, never tried because I was afraid of getting contaminated stuff, and later discovered meditation and lost interest in drugs entirely because it's too fun to poke around in own brain when lucid :v:

Another reason why I never took drugs is that I don't believe in any kind of lessened responsibility when drunk/high/whatever. Drugs make people do stupid poo poo they have to deal with afterwards, whether it's making a fool of oneself or doing horrible things to get the next fix. Agreeing to use them would probably break me when it'd come to judging myself for the consequences. And if we're talking about prescription meds for depression or other disorders, I say it's a case of trying to fix an already broken machine, so it's a lesser evil (I "took my courage", but it was still a horrible experience, I said I'm not taking this poo poo and I'll either fix myself or die. Not gonna blame those who take the pharmaceutical crutch).

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 12, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Christ you're making it sound like smoking pot once in a while makes you a dope fiend from The Wire. If you drink/take (safe) drugs in a responsible way, you never end up doing poo poo you regret. It isn't a binary choice between NEVER DRINKING EVER NOPE and I AM A RAGING ALCOHOLIC WHO BEATS HIS WIFE/CHILD/CAT. There is a middle ground.

Drugs don't make people do stupid poo poo. People do stupid poo poo. If you get into it with the intention of getting mindlessly hosed up and then do something stupid, you're 100% at fault because you're an adult and the responsibility lies with you to not let it get to that stage in the first place.

Most people have no idea how to moderate their consumption of anything, drugs/alcohol or otherwise.

Well, my experience is of people who get hosed up by/with the help of drugs (in which case I'm with you, if you know you're likely to do stupid poo poo on drugs then you simply don't take them), or people just smoking weed once in a while, which I don't consider automatically making you crazy - but think it's still stupid for other reasons because you're still voluntarily poisoning your body (and no, I don't understand the appeal of tobacco smoking or alcohol intoxication either).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Prav posted:

rainwater!
Unless the plague is being sprayed from government aircraft at the time :v:

VVV: You mean chemtrails :tinfoil:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 12, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Flare dart :supaburn:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xander77 posted:

The one exception being angels.
Angel conspiracy theory? Do tell.

VVV: Ah, I thought it was some nefarious scheme involving angels.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 26, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

The best joke about that is the decree to subtly change the sign on the Mausoleum that says "Ленин" (Lenin) to "Лёнин" (belonging to Leonid).
Is this just an anecdote, or actually true? Because it's hilarious.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Few people know that David Icke actually works for the lizards. It's obvious if you think about it, after his books no one will take rumors about the reptillian shadow government seriously :tinfoil:

Ah, that would explain a lot. ("purple energy" is a very controversial topic/conspiracy theory in spiritual circles)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 11, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zeniel posted:

Jodorowsky's Deus Ex sounded very promising.
Too bad Deus Ex's Jodorowsky did not. :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mico posted:

UNATCO...hacked

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I thought I knew DX inside out but you still proved me wrong many times. And I loved the corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

double nine posted:

Welp. This is going to be interesting. Or horrible. Or both. Horristing.

It's gonna be MAGICAL :magical:

• Locked thread