Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Gaz-L posted:

As I noted, one of the times I purchased DX, it was the PS2 port. Having played the early segments of it and the PC version, the main difference is that the PS2 seemingly couldn't render the full areas in the same way as the PC. Liberty Island, for instances, is about 9 discrete 'zones' that all have loading screens between them. (Like 5 for the island and 3-4 for the statue.) I believe the actual layout is the same, though.
The inventory system is also completely different. There's no organizing your inventory in a box like in the PC version. You also can't choose a different JC aside from the default.

The PS2 version isn't that bad, it was my first exposure to the game and the version I first beat. But now with the original PC version going on sale for 2 bucks all the time on Steam and the like plus all the new mods there's little point in getting it anymore.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Deus Ex can be a bit rough in the beginning because you have to get used to it, but Liberty Island is a really good level. I replayed it on PC not too long ago and I managed to non-lethally ghost the whole level and aside from the section where you have to free Gunther it was really fun. Hong Kong is when the game really hits its stride though.

• Locked thread