Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
OK time to grab a FA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
oh noes I gotta cut my team down.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I kept on thinking that I had killed Tannehill because I kept getting injury timeouts, but nobody was getting subbed out. Then I checked the injury report after the game and neither I nor the Browns lost anyone. Bizarro....

Also, Aaron Rodgers is out with a broken collarbone for 8 weeks. Seventeen killed him.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 10, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I've noticed something similar I thought, is there a bug with injured QBs where they don't miss a snap?

I checked my injury report after the game ended but nobody was injured there either. I think Tannehill is just invincible.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

da_goob posted:

I don't have a problem with a sim if you guys just want to advance. There are so few users that almost everybody should make the playoffs anyway, right?

God help us if Wampa doesn't make it...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah I saw that you destroyed him during your first game. I'll sell you Mike Wallace for a prince's ransom, namely amazing run blocker offensive linemen. Tannehill will either break the QB rushing record, or die this year.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I can play tomorrow anytime not during the Panthers game, and Monday after work (~ 7PM EST)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard posted:

I can play tomorrow anytime not during the Panthers game, and Monday after work (~ 7PM EST)

Does Today after work work for you Thomas Platinum?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm still in work, I'll hop online when I get home and eat. Probably close to 7-7:30.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just stepped in, soaked to the bone, hungry and need beer. Gimme 10.

You use a headset?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
drat you tannyhill!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I scored!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
ugh a good game hosed by key fumbles. You recovered all 4 fumbles (2 mine 2 yours)

Nice play, we both had some good plays but you managed to come out ahead on the turnover ratio. I think had I not lost those 2 fumbles I'd have had a chance at winning.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 14, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

Andrew got hosed up twice for rtp

Twice in a row. I didn't want to do it a third time even if it meant I could kill him for avoiding the grieving thing. Also, I am pretty liberal with the square button against the QB.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

GG. Vonates user int was pretty sweet, but I got lucky. My D is the ultimate SPEED BIG HITZ madden defense. I need brandon merriwheather.

Colts beat Dolphins 24-14

I always feel like my user picks are pure luck. I can rarely hit circle then triangle fast enough on short bullet passes. I'm just glad you didn't manage to kill Tannehill, but I need to work on getting my guys to not fumble. Upping Tanny's carry rating is priority 1 for me if I'm going to use him until he dies of a broken spine.

I was pretty pissed when I fumbled twice in the redzone to cough up the ball and didn't win any of the fumbles I generated. But :xcom: (pretend xcom is madden)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

Totally.

On the int I had enough time to get in position and hold triangle. Vontae won the jumpball.

The first of those fumbles was off a corner blitz. You had ground up the whole first quarter so I called time out. I then started zero/single high blitzing in the redzone to either get a turnover or give up a td. On that play, i dialed up one that brought all my strongside defenders which looked like a td off the read until vontae came flying in so you can't totally blame yourself. If you had pass audibled like a Z fade it would have been td. I fumble way more on scrambles than designed runs (twice in that game, one which sat there forever)

My favorite play was when i brought a rolling zone blitz that blew up the backfield then you triple option flipped the ball for a 1st down

Oh yeah I saw like 3 guys coming straight for Tannehill so I couldn't lateral fast enough. If you'd gotten there faster, it'd have been a lateral fumble from poor aim. I caught on to a couple of your blitzing schemes near the end (see: Rishard Matthews TD)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Triple option all day erreyday.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

seventeen posted:

If only there were a quadruple

There really don't seem to be many option pass play choices, otherwise, I'd do a triple option pass play and gently caress everyone's poo poo up every time. Only way you're beating me is if you send everyone at Tan the Mannehill. Set up a second mobile QB as my pitch and pass from him. Man, I think I just innovated football.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

seventeen posted:

What if the center hiked the ball forward

If I know anything about Madden, it's how to destroy Tannehill

E: ok I meant Dalton but I'll crush Tannehill too and also I might be still drunk from the Pats game

I need to be able to run the Annexation of Puerto Rico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekOAov_I9w

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
So this is the second CPU game in which I thought I killed Tannehill and he was fine. Is my QB Marky Mark in that Eagles movie?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Do you have 2 QBs or 3+?

Looks like I only have 2. Is there an invincible QB bug when you only have 2 QBs?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Yep. If you have just two QBs they can't get injured.

Sweeeet. Should we enact a rule about this to allow everyone to kill everyone else's QB? Or can I keep playing with the Tannehighlander?

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

Is that really a thing? Would explain Locker's 900 injuries in regular league he rubbed some dirt on. Either way im not carrying 3 qbs when that last spot has more value than a 3rd string qb

I call into question your entire season record and vacate your digital wins!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Uncle_Phil posted:

Yo Alucard, I'm free tonight. Get back to me if you can get the time tonight.

I'll be home around midnight (2 hours) and will be able to play.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Uncle_Phil posted:

MIdnight is a little late for me, I got kids that wake up early. Try for tomorrow night, if we can go a bit earlier.

Works for me I'm available most of today

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Uncle_Phil posted:

My spawns are asleep, I can play whenever, just let me know

Be there in 10
Edit let's geaux saints.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 20, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Be prepared for orange

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Good game I loving pissed my lead away
Yup makes sense produced too many turnovers.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 20, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Uncle_Phil posted:

It was a messy game, 5 combined turnovers. Intense poo poo though. Your running back is a beast with the broken tackles

Yeah, I didn't know Daniel Thomas was so elusive. I got hosed hard when Colston was wide open on that TD pass, I think my character just never got set into his proper position because of madden controls.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It's especially frustrating because when I want to set defenders in place they always move back to their original positions, and when I want them to set in their places, they just sit near where the huddle happens.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ugh are the fins now officially and irreparably hosed?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If we're steaming up the place: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Alucardinium

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I play a close game but I give up poo poo way too often on 3rd down. I think I'm starting to finally figure out how to play defense, which for me involves letting my defensive line do everything unmolested.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Man, you defeat me and then drop out like a bitch? Not cool man

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

you didn't text us when you put it in. I call bullshit.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
oldskool when do you want to crush the fins and maybe get some more injured bills.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Oldskool, we gonna try to make this happen? I haven't heard anything from you in this thread.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Anything after 6pm Eastern this week should work for me, how about you?

does 9PM EST tonight work for you?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Bullshit, specifically that last Stevie Johnson TD. I had that mother fucker double covered and he shouldn't have caught it by any stretch of the imagination

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Pass defense? Who needs it?

E: gg again Alucard. Let the CPU do your downfield tackling and uh don't run the ball three times late in the third down by 7 when your opponent can't stop your passing attack.

double edit: the play in question was like 3rd and 24 (fun fact a cat jumped on me and made me hit circle twice so i couldn't audible out of the spike play, that's why I kept fake snapping until I got the false start penalty), i ran Corner Strike with smart routes on the outside receivers, Stevie was double covered, EJ threw it outside before the receiver broke off the route & Stevie broke first, got enough of a step to catch it and both defenders fell over themselves in shock letting him pretty much walk in for his fourth TD of the game.

Any advice for dealing with this then? It sounds to me like there are some players that just get open on any play regardless of how many defenders you stick on them. I was man covering him with 2 guys who were in the same area as the pass and it's not like they weren't even close to where the ball ended up. One of them should have at least tipped or tackled. I was double covering Johnson every play after the first 80 or so yards, and it didn't do poo poo.

Oh FYI that SS blitz at the beginning of the game should have legit killed EJ, but instead you killed my hartline and gave him broken ribs. I was so happy to have actually put a successfully timed blitz on someone for the first time ever.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 28, 2014

• Locked thread