Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Kurieg posted:

The problem is that the War of Rage already paints Garou in a very negative light. The revisionism came from some of the Fera books where the other breeds explain their own culpability or provide details that the garou had forgotten or never knew about in the first place. Turning it more into something like if Putin's wife died while visiting the US on a diplomatic mission, and the US' response was "Serves you right you warmongering rear end in a top hat."

That's not even getting into the part where you find out that the person who killed said Garou was one of the Nagah, and the Nagah didn't admit it because their leaders figured that they were the most important fera and admitting their culpability would turn the entire Gaian world against them, so they hid and let everyone else die.

E: You get somewhat of a sense that the reason the Fera are forgiving the Garou now is because they know they're somewhat culpable, but they're keeping the finer details secret because the Current generation are fairly level headed and concillatory and they'd be understandably miffed if they found out they've been hoodwinked for however many millenia.

I actually really liked the Corax take on their role in history, in which Raven's part of the current-day mess was trying to play relationship counselor between the Weaver and Wyrm, and, uh, wow, that SO did not work out as planned. Also what the Corax did during the War of Rage was to shut the gently caress up and hide, even the ones who wanted to take the fight to the Garou, because Raven was like "No, that's stupid and you'll just die; eventually they'll come back to their senses and they'll need someone to rub their noses in this the next time they're about to pull something this dumb, 'cuz Gaia knows they won't do it for themselves."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That Old Tree posted:

The latest System Mastery makes me sad I didn't get on the Gamma World train when it was at the station. Sounds like a blast.

FATAL & Friends Episode IV - A Few Dopes

FATAL & Friends: d4 abandoned reviews per page

It really is just a great thing to play. You can get through setup and character creation so fast it's practically just a boardgame, so there's not a lot of necessary time investment. On the other hand, the characters you create have so much oddball flavor it can be easy to get attached to them, so you have longevity baked in too. Just a fantastic system.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My last Gamma World game ended up with a giant tree dude, a fireball-shooting plant, a teleporting winged cockroach, a monster rock dude and one guy who was just inexplicably psychic and could do mind control but was otherwise a human being.

We decided he was Ash and we were his pokemon.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I haven't been paying attention to the World of Darkness since.. god, 2013? When the God Machine rules update came out.

Is there somewhere I can go to read up on this Chronicles of Darkness 2nd edition?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The first time I played Gamma World, I rolled a yeti/giant who had two pickup trucks as his randomly generated equipment. Basically everyone immediately declared he used them as roller skates, so he wound up being much, much taller than originally pictured and was possibly forced to go wandering the wastes before he ate all the food in his village.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
From what little I know of Gamma World, it's basically the inspiration for Nuclear Throne? That's the game where the starting characters include a fishman, a crystal being, and a psychic thing covered with eyes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The new thread is up, check it out, and offer any suggestions if you have any.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

FATAL and Friends 2016: A Lamentable Pile of System Mastery
Fatal and Friends 2016: Lamentations of the Game Presses

e: drat too late, but without seeing the other thread I still claim my title was better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Time for this thread to join the last one in the goldmine. Nice work goons!

• Locked thread