Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I am the table of contents for this endless thread. Please click me anytime you ever want to ask "has someone wrote about (thing)?" so my time spent maintaining is not in vain.

Once upon a time, it came up (I think in grognards.txt 1.0?) that years back, a group I ran things for bought me a copy of FATAL. People wanted me to write poo poo about it. I was bad at writing poo poo about it BUT we discovered a) I had a very early copy of it, and b) someone else had earlier/later copies of it, and gave those to me. And someday, I'll actually write something about those but I'm really unfunny and it's about 4000 pages between all of them. Can you imagine a less fun thing to do than read 4000 pages of FATAL? I can, but there are very few of them.

In the meantime, though, a lot of you wrote way too much about systems that weren't FATAL, and then you did it again. They ranged from mocking terrible things to introducing folks to out of print or obscure games that had busted mechanics but cool story, or vice versa. Sometimes it was just skewering low-hanging fruit that was asking for it, other times it was stuff literally nobody had heard of. A couple of people tried translating things from other countries but those usually fell off really fast. Someone else came up with a 100+ year old German wargame and that was loving awesome.

Just because the title throws people off: Something doesn't have to suck to be mentioned here. Pretty much anything is fair game if you put in the legwork! It also doesn't have to be an RPG itself. We had people write about weird tie-in novels, a TV show based on White Wolf products, or just the metaplot for some system that they thought was hilarious and needed poking fun at.

Maybe this year I hate myself enough to write about al-Qadim or something finish a single writeup I ever begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Reserving a spare post in case I need one.

There was nearly a poll here asking if I would be granted freedom when I died, or if this was my purgatory being served in life for past crimes. I couldn't make it work.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Man. With that name for the book, I'm more amazed they're harping on 14 year olds instead of transsexuals.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

InShaneee posted:

And that's that for Countdown, my favorite DG book.

I misread a single letter here and screamed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Egregious Offences posted:

Public shaming for me not thinking my TOR writeup out is perfectly fine. :ohdear:

I've never finished a single thing I've started in here. It's fine. Chill.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hectorgrey posted:

So yeah, the Blade of the Iron Throne write-up is done - just thought I'd point that out, since the list still has it as ongoing.

My bad! This is why I go back every once in a while and check all "ongoing" writeups to make sure I haven't hosed one up. If I need correcting, though, please do so!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Libertad! posted:

On that note, now would be a good time to tell Syrg Sapphire that I can't continue my Ptolus and Key of Destiny reviews. Better Than Any Man is pre-written, and stuff has occurred which will prevent me from continuing any reviews in process.

Anyone else is free to continue where I left off.

Got it. Updated appropriately, thanks for the heads up.

GimpInBlack posted:

That's right, folks, strap on your shield belts, brush up on the articles of kanly, and always remember that killing with the point lacks artistry, because we're going to be taking a look at Last Unicorn Games' Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium.

Oh man oh man oh man, I never knew there was a Dune RPG.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The last thread is in "Comedy Purgatory", yes, but the original thread (which DFD was in) was just left for archives.

This has seriously been going on since 2011, sweet christ.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Ettin posted:

<Mikan> does anybody else think Ettin protests too much about Ctech and he's actually one of the authors

At least I can safely say I've never been accused of writing FATAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

inklesspen posted:

Known issues:
  • Two of the posts in Halloween Jack's Carcosa writeup are missing. The urls on the wiki for the posts don't work.

I think I have this fixed but I also don't know why one isn't redirecting properly, it's the exact same URL, and if I paste it it works, but the link doesn't.

• Locked thread