Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Is it a CtD book that mentions that Asian people dream differently? Honestly (as an Asian-American myself), the rampant azn fetishism is one thing I did not like about oWoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

This may just be me, but "Your Powars come from Atlantis" sits a lot better with me than "Your Powars come from embracing a stereotype."

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

pkfan2004 posted:

I need sleep but London needs me more.

I'm sorry if I missed it before, but how viable is living on the ocean? Are the horrible blighted areas just on dry land?

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

So how are Gigantisn and Strong Man different? Can they stack?

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Cherrybells is a fussbudget who is always fashionable.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I feel similar about Dresden Codak in general.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Is it wrong that I kind of want to run a game of Hollow Point where the players are the members of Gatchaman?

Also, did Hollow Point actually reference GARO or was that you?

Baofu fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 3, 2014

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

GimpInBlack posted:

"a cabal of demon hunters tracking infernal influence in the modern world."

GARO is a live action show from Japan that's about this. Imagine Power Rangers if they were fighting horrible Lovecraft demons and there's occasionally naked boobs.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Copy editing? In an RPG? The hell you say!

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Ratpick posted:

Alternately I'd go with the Watchful Golem route of a character obsessed with another character (because that character reminds the Ghoul of the warmth of life and love and poo poo) in a really creepy fashion. Again, it's creepy and unsympathetic, but it's a relatable kind of unsympathetic, and one that lends itself to more nuanced drama than "My character is a murderous cannibal."

That’s how my Ghoul has been shaping up, except he's taking it upon himself to protect his town (he's picked up a few Chosen moves too). However, the last time he became a masked vigilante, his girlfriend ended up getting scarred for life because he was too busy beating her kidnapper to death. Since then he's been wracked with guilt and ended up driving away said girlfriend by being smothering and clingy. I'm a little thankful that incident happened before their relationship progressed beyond cuddling.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

One thing I've been curious about is the Squad Mode from Deathwatch. It seemed like an extra fiddly bit, but was it actually worth using?

I'm only asking because I never got around to actually playing Deathwatch. :(

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Darth Vader certainly fits better with the petulant manchild ideal.

I know this is from a while ago, but this pretty much describes everyone I've known who thought Sith were better than Jedi.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I'm not much of a surgeon but why would you put a mirror above the operating table? That dude looks like he's freaking out looking at his own face.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I was around for the last writeups of Cyberpapacy and Nile Empire, so I also vote Living Land, if only to see how badly they hosed up Dino People who are ruled by a reptilian god-king.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

If Thrash is supposed to be modelled on 90s fighting games, I'm thinking it's more about exploiting the hell out of standing Jab.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Bacchante posted:

The only thing I really recall about Changing Breeds was the Man Your Man Could Kill Like... that, and the Were-Elephants being equal in toughness to a main battle tank.

I remember this and also wereapes are all full of crap.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

theironjef posted:

Deliria: Faerie Tales for a New Millenium.

I played in a LARP of this once. Monsignor Brucato was running it too (this was a long while before I knew about the whole Satyros deal). I had to leave early, but not before being absolutely confuzzled by having 2 characters named Janus and Janice (we were all playing pregens). That and one fellow who was playing a guy with a solipcist streak who I wanted to punch both in and out of character.

Baofu fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 4, 2015

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I almost drank myself into a coma because my friends put Kancolle into my watch history.

Do schoolgirls who have the souls of WW2 battleships. Everyone must feel my pain!

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Siivola posted:

Kancolle is a cartoon series about teenage girls who "embody the spirit of battleships" and thus can strap on guns and waterski out to fight abyssal magical fleet girls. It's all about teenage ships with squeaky voices idolizing older teenage aircraft carriers, so it's obviously terrible poo poo for pedophiles or something.

It's just a really mediocre moe-and-explosions show to cash in on a popular browser game. If that's enough to drive you to drink, please stop watching Japanese TV, for your liver's sake.

I appreciate the concern, but this

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

They have the souls of warships that committed heinous war crimes. Survivors of sunken merchant vessels being beaten to death for fun level stuff.

is the part of Kancolle that drove me to drink. Saying you like Kancolle is saying, "I am willfully ignorant of history AND I've given up on 3D women."

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Don't tease the octopus, kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Exalted 2E worked pretty much foine in the last campaign I was in. The problem in that campaign came from a player whose character was basically King Geoffrey as a Solar. He made a custom Celestial style that included charms from that Sidereal style with Essence 2 charms and no one could really stand up to him because no one wanted to bother with social combat.

That campaign proved very educational for a lot of people involved.

• Locked thread