Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I remember reading like, one Elric short story some time in my teens. The rest has just sort of made itself my way by way of pop cultural osmosis, I guess.

I feel like cursed artifacts have been a staple in fiction for a long time, but was the blood-crazed runesword entirely original to that or was it older?

Delicious.

It's predecessor would be the Tyrfing, a sword in Norse mythology that it would kill a man every time it's drawn and would cause three great evils. Then you have the Muramasa-forged swords which had garner a reputation for seeking out blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

One could pretty much do M*A*S*H: The RPG with this.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

As long as you have a good group. Imagine a party of only Hawkeyes and Klingers, and none of them are good at it. The horror. The insufferable horror.

Ugh. No.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

so the Etherites are basically Time Cube guy?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Oh hey! Space 1889.

I was part of a Larp group, the GM pretty much ripped out the character gen, stole some ideas from it and we did our own thing so I missed out on the Imperialism wankery.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mors Rattus posted:

I never actually read the Kami or Celestial Bureaucracy stuff, but I am the opposite of surprised.

Scion is a Bad Game.

what's worse is Scion has so much potential, but between the broken mechanics and the really bad treatment of the gods, it's a pile of fail. I think that's worse then just a bad game with bad ideas.

In the right hands, playing godkids in urban fantasy versus modernized monsters would've been loving amazing.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Let's see how the Social class works in this.

Let's go Halfling Rogue

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And then I'm thinking of the Bean Bandit from Gunsmith Cats

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Utopia Now got all the stink of Libertarian Wonks and their 'filthy leeches go away' sand castle island dreams.

e: and I wish they would stop writing about Ashwood Abbey, it just gets worse and worse

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 20, 2015

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

OH thank you. I remember someone had that mini-series and played it on the TVs of a bus that was being chartered, I couldn't remember what it was until now.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Let's see Divination and see how many are practical.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Tasoth posted:

Halflings are supposedly amazing slingers. They also tend to focus on food. I'm surprised there have been less onions used as sling bullets in fantasy media.

It's harder to carve insults on an onion without tearing up yourself, that's why.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That's the issue - Rifts and Palladin may not have a lot to their name, but they got a lot cash then your average hobbyist, who may not understand copyright law that well either, so it's often much easier to just fold and walk away.

And really, everything that comes up paints Kevin Siembieda as a man with a massive ego and believes himself to be far more talented and influential then he really is, I can only imagine what a nightmare it is to work for him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mors Rattus posted:

That is unfair.

Namor has one other thing going for him: being a better lover and possibly a better foster father than Reed Richards.

Admittedly, not a very high bar to cross.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Kurieg posted:

Is he implying that a vampire brought down the I-35W Bridge just to prove a point to some changelings? Because that's super hosed up, even for him.

Wow gently caress that guy, I had a friend whose regular commute is the I-35W bridge, so we were worried as gently caress (thankfully they were already at work when it collapsed), way too soon for that kind of stunt. And sad, it sounded like for the most part his changeling campaign was okay, but then he had to pull the bait and switch.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Covok posted:

How does it do that, exactly?

Basically because it's flipped, the usual artist shortcuts and optical tricks used to provide a feeling of depth and weight stop being as effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And I think it's also the terminology.

UA explicitly uses Hermaphrodites - someone that is not male or female to mean what that avatar does, while Brucato uses Transsexual in every context where Hermaphrodite is a better fit for the concepts he's misusing.

• Locked thread