Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kavak posted:

There's a sidebar about playing Nephandi in Mage 20 that implies that, or at least that he thinks the game can work actual magic.

He doesn't especially worry about the GM, however. The GM can run Nephandi as much as they like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

"Unfortunately, Sempai fails their perception check. ...again."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Alien Rope Burn posted:

(better than the Cantrip system by far, but that ain't saying much)

Step one: Purchase collectible random packs of Cantrips.

Step two: Continue to do so until you get the power you actually wanted

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Another thing to note is that Unknown Armies was written in the late 90s.

M20 was written, oh, last year, the year before?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man. I don't even get why you want reptiles and mammals to be able to interbreed - oh wait, right, weirdass furry OC races.

If I were writing a furry sci fi thing, and this is so bad that I kind of want to just so there'll be one that isn't so terrible, I'd define reptiles as the supersoldier breeds - not because of inherent toughness (scales, while nice, don't do poo poo for bullets) but because adapting cold-blooded traits for control is easier. Outfit your soldiers with heat/refrigeration packs to increase or decrease their metabolic activity. No need for knockout drugs when you can just freeze them into knocking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My last Gamma World game ended up with a giant tree dude, a fireball-shooting plant, a teleporting winged cockroach, a monster rock dude and one guy who was just inexplicably psychic and could do mind control but was otherwise a human being.

We decided he was Ash and we were his pokemon.

• Locked thread