Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jon and Jef:

Bakshi's Wizards movie that you did in Movie Mastery? Someone made an RPG with at least one supplement.

You know what must be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

Wow, one copy on Amazon for 43 bucks. I'll buy that with Christmas money, since it sounds amazing.

Pm me a PayPal address, I'll chip in for that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

we don't have a paypal set up for System Mastery, but you can use mine if you want (Jon will keep me honest). It's theironjef at gmail. But definitely let Pope check to see if he's got a copy. That game sounds like a legit win, given how extremely annoyed Wizards left us.

Pope Guilty posted:

I didn't find Wizards, but I did find a copy of Pandemonium! Adventures in Tabloid World that System Mastery is welcome to.

Just kicked a paypal to the above address. Thanks for doing your podcasts!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

John Wick isn't Grognards.txt, he's stdh.txt.

He's a mean spirited 50fa

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Astounding. Though dozens of RIFTS fansites have come and gone, and reams of terrible WoD crap parped into the ether with the loss of Geocities... GURPS High Heels still remains.

I refuse to check if the links on that page to GURPS Sex are still active, but since they're in the same directory...

idgaf and clicked, still works.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I just want to finally make a vampiric werewolf. The World of Darkness has held us back for too long with its prejudice against mixed races.

Underworld kind of sucked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

What it comes down to for me as an issue isn't that, though, but willing to make secret confederates of everybody at the table to get the story he wants. Some level of metafictional conceits and discussion are usually pretty fine, but at that point it practically dictating the story and taking every possible precaution to ensure it occurs to mete out a "lesson"; despite the fact the whole situation wouldn't have occurred without Chris allowing her to have the power she did in the first place.

Even one of the Wolverine movies addressed this in a way that didn't involve Truman Show levels of conspiracy.

Bad guys gave Wolverine a parasite that continually hurt him to overwhelm his healing factor.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

We take that risk every two weeks and it has blown up in our faces at least once (people were happy to tell us that Cthuhlutech is bad).

Don't feel too bad about that one. CTech had a bunch of weird stuff going on and, while there was some gross stuff in the core book, they didn't start raping at maximum efficiency [0] until a few books in, if I remember correctly.

[0] Didn't plan on using that phrase when I woke up this morning.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I'm hesitant to do a F&F of Beast because I'm pretty sure my preconceptions based on the Kickstarter preview will color it. But the more I read of the finished book the more the figleaf of "Teaching Ancient Wisdom" falls apart and the better I feel about tearing it a new hole.

:justpost:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

You guys are forgetting a side of Wick, where he gets all weird and possessive when his player is a cute womangirl. Then it's "You want to play [thing]? Why sure and you're even more powerful, but I will leer at you constantly and make weird remarks every time you do anything!

To be fair this is like 65% of the gamemasters out there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's nothing. 3327 has done this whole song and dance on multiple worlds, but there's nothing about the sustainability of the project or if/how he alters economies to be compatible with Marketplace's.

There's a lot of talk about how he sends things from Marketplace to Core Earth in order to build up the Kanawa empire, but nothing about bringing it back home or sending it somewhere else.

And you know what? That'd be fine...if they didn't spend so much effort defining every little thing about 3327's plans. But, as I've said before, the more you define the more the holes start to show.

is he maybe siphoning Possibility back to Marketplace, or is that not how it works (I don't know how TORG works at all)?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Force and Destiny, we already have Mouse Guard and I think Pathfinder got done too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I actually just re-read your old review yesterday. Please subject us to this insanity

Also LOL at the raccoon holding a sniper rifle too big for him to actually wield in any way.

Guardians of the Galaxy strikes again. I'm sure Rifle Raccoon's gun is preventing our exposure to the terrible joke on his t-shirt that says something about "drones".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

So, I have a copy of the Ralph Bakshi's Wizards RPG sitting here now. It's amazing to think there could be worse art of Wizards floating around in the world than what is present in the film, but here we are.

Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The hostile Zones like Overmind and Mexico can be good for short term raids or rescues. Setting a long term campaign there would be pretty grim.

• Locked thread