Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
City with a single letter name is also a thing in the One Punch Man series; Saitama lives in City Z (Which is basically a burned out shell because of how many monsters show up there), while City A is where the Hero Association HQ is based. A couple others get destroyed in the early issues.

I'm sure there's a rationale, I'm just not sure what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Pyromania or pyrophobia? Because if the psychic magical snow that can only really be killed by fire is fascinated by fire to the point of loving to watch things burn...

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Wick would be all "What if...you played the Lunars as the Good Guys!" while ignoring all past ambiguous or positive presentation, probably.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I dunno man, he included Brave New World in his list of good games, I think that right there is enough to make his taste questionable.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I'll admit, the first thing I did when writing up a supers setting was figure out the equivalent of Gorilla City.

(It's Goril-la, a mythical valley of immortal great apes in the Himalayas who teach both martial arts and terrible ape pun name schemes.)

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

A terrible short story he wrote that basically got more legs than it should have because someone wrote an MST3K parody of it.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

You forgot "And Savages Noble"

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The 17 thing might just be a reference to the Kikuko Inoue running gag, where she always insists she's just 17.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

(I'll be honest, I knew of the running gag, but couldn't remember the name, so google to the rescue.)

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

E-Indulgences. Toil as a virtual miner to pay your ancestor's way out of Godnet purgatory! But God's Mercy is Finite, so there are only so many indulgences that can be mined, with each getting harder to dig up....

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

To an extent. Changeling was relatively underpowered compared to just about any other core game, though. So any competent supernatural type was "overpowered" compared to some of the dogshit changelings had to trudge through, like having to rank a Realm up to 5 just to do offensive effects against foes or having to blow Glamour and Willpower just to use their innate abilities against normal people.

Balance in oWoD was always sufficiently hosed and never at any time became any less hosed.

Technically you only had to rank up a realm to 5 for human enemies! If you're fighting other Changelings/Weird elf poo poo, it's based on either their -social class- or how weird their elf poo poo happens to be....commoners are easier to affect with magic than nobles, who are easier than chimera, who are easier than things like Nunnehi/Thallain/Menehune/inanimae etc.

On the other hand, you needed an entirely different realm at 4 if you were being attacked by an angry housecat.

Basically, the magic system incentivized only casting self-buffs (And there were several of those that were fairly potent) or only ever loving around with other Changelings.

Which is probably why the sidhe had to have a special splat power to be immune to magic-induced humiliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The first time I played Gamma World, I rolled a yeti/giant who had two pickup trucks as his randomly generated equipment. Basically everyone immediately declared he used them as roller skates, so he wound up being much, much taller than originally pictured and was possibly forced to go wandering the wastes before he ate all the food in his village.

• Locked thread