Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GimpInBlack posted:

It's stunning on the artist's part, sure, but that image was ripped off from a (at the time) three-year-old video game. A fairly popular one, granted, but if you're not really a big video gamer--which as I understand it the art director on the book wasn't) and you're assuming your artists are producing original works in good faith, it's an easy oversight to make.
Agreed. The artist is at fault here, the guys in charge can't know every piece of art that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tasoth posted:

Is there a culture that grows technology? I know it's way to early in the review to ask that, but the concept of a society that lives in the remains of the past and uses technology, but doesn't make it just kind of hit. Need an alarm clock? Coax an already existing one to reproduce. Want a oven with a stop top? Try to breed your currently existing ovens into it.
Try to put on mood music for your toasters to get freaky, but the radio is going through a phase and won't turn off the punk rock.

I'd play it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Are there any rules for using gummis as minis? That would seem to be thematically appropriate.

Or Peeps!

Gummis with Peep steeds!
I want to play this game. My character will be a bear riding a chocobo.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I want to see Creation.

quote:

The caster can then spend 1 spell point to increase the damage by 1 die per Caster Level. A level 1 Wizard (Caster Level 1) could spend one out of their starting five spell points to make their Destructive Blast deal 2d6 damage, while our example Wizard 6 / Ranger 6 (Caster Level 9) could increase the Blast to 10d6 damage.
shouldn't this be 14d6? 5d6 base plus 9d6 for spending a spell point?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's nice that Spheres of Power drops all pretense and lets you literally just summon a rogue, so no one else has to play one.

• Locked thread