Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Octy posted:

How does X know when Mulder wants to talk to him? I know there's the signal with the tape on the window and the blue light, but does that mean X swings by every night or that he has some low-level operative constantly watching Mulder's apartment? The former wouldn't fit in with X's repeated assertions that Mulder works for him while the latter seems a bit careless given X's status as an informant. I know I'd start to wonder what was going on after months of watching some guy's apartment for my boss.

I think that's one of those questions that has no logical answer, and should just be accepted as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Im doing a rewatch at the moment and was watching Patient X and The Red and the Black (midway season 5) yesterday. And i was surprised with how the show, within the span of those two episodes, goes from 'well there might be aliens, but it might also be ~*THE GOVERNMENT*~ to 'welp, alien colonists are real and also here are other aliens who dont need eyes to see'. Also, Mulder suddenly going 'nope, no aliens and other weird stuff, it was all a lie and i was a dummy' was a bit weird. Especially with him going all 'vampires! :drac:' the episode before.

Also, where does Mulder sleep? His apartment doesnt seem to have a bed.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Octy posted:

Does Scully earn more money because of her medical degree? Her place is so much bigger and nicer than Mulder's.
Mulder spents all his money on new suits, which he keeps destroying every episode.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Octy posted:

The opening credits just look so dated now, but it's hard to believe they didn't look dated back then. I still sit through it every time, but mostly for the music.
I think the credits held up pretty well. It works for the show and still gives off the right vibe and mood. The low-res quality of it makes it even better for me. And i really like the zoom in on Mulder's FBI credentials with the cold metal of handcuffs beside it. Not sure why, but it just feels right i guess.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

I've just finished season 8 and it was not as bad as I expected it to be. Not as good as the seasons before it, but still. Doggett is cool, even though he too suffers a bit from denying everything even if it hits him straight in the face. Scully going from 'nope, nothing supernatural exists' straight into 'good god Doggett, how can you not believe its obviously a human-bat that has hold a grudge for the past 50 years?!' felt a bit forced.

I couldnt help but laugh at how obvious the birth of Scully's baby was compared to the birth of Jesus though. But using the Lone Gunmen as the three wise men was pretty funny.

9-Volt Assault fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Dogget is a Cool Dude and his seasons aren't as bad as I thought them to be when I watched everything last year.

• Locked thread