Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

CSM is probably a human alien hybrid clone now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I watched "ghost in the machine" last night and it wasn't as terrible as I remembered it. Was a lot of fun to be honest and had Crazy Eddie from that one TV show in it!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

They're back filming in Vancouver this June 9th!

Can't wait to see them running around again.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ummm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeD7VEkekY

58 seconds in, possible Fringe tie-in?

Was there a single frame insert after the 30 second mark or was my phone just playing tricks on me?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

DorianGravy posted:

Think there was any significance to that kid who ran out in front of Mulder and Scully's car? Was he around 15? He could be their son. Or was there some other reason for that shot that I'm missing? (I could be reading too much into nothing, of course.)

I think that was just product integration. They were showing the backup camera and the auto stop when there's something about to hit the car.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

el oso posted:

The first episode was a mess, but an interesting one. The second was obviously much more familiar and not too bad. I'd heard as much in the early reviews and hoping that I'd like them more as a long-time (and scarred as a child) fan but the reviews were bang on. Excited for the next episode, which by all accounts is a great one.

But man do the new episodes look ugly and bland. It's definitely a victim of being shot on digital in Vancouver, which I've noticed in other recent shows lately and really hate. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe the air and the light just don't film well. But when you have gorgeous shows like Breaking Bad, Mr Robot, Fargo, etc. it's a shame that such a high-profile revival ends up looking so dull.

To be fair, they filmed that during our summer. I think they used to film here in the fall and thus all the dreary weather and great mood.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

For both the cast and writers, it feels like the first episode was everyone shaking the rust off, the second was when they started getting comfortable in their roles and storytelling style again, and now this one feels like they're back to their regular groove.

Second one was actually the fifth

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I just came back from the X-Files/Minority Report prop/wardrobe sale. Managed to get myself an FBI jacket but no sign of red Speedos by the time I got in.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

i wish i bought that ugly door. should've known it'd be in the x-files.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Please tell us more about the auction. TIA. My prop collection is small (2 items from LOST) but I find the hobby to be fascinating.

This wasn't really an auction, it was a liquidation sale for three TV productions in the city. Happens a few times a year and I notice most of the people attending are from the movie industry or resellers. Most of the stuff is usually unlabelled but you can sometimes find some tags/labels on stuff that was featured on camera rather than just background. My favourite piece is some random bullet riddled/bloody uniform from Stargate.

I couldn't really tell which things were from X-Files as the show hasn't finished airing yet :( I did manage to get the last FBI and Coroner jackets from the X-Files though. There were one or two coroner hats too but oh well.

It was pretty depressing when I was looking through the Minority Report stuff as a lot of it still had their tags on them. Guess they'll never get to use them now! There was a bunch of "Fear The Walking Dead" stuff as well but I didn't know enough to buy any of it.

There were also so many ties, wish I had got some.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Shuffle posted:

what the hell was that

ALIEN D N A

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I recently read that Gillian wanted out after this season, do you folks think they'll kill Scully off and leave us with Einstein (terrible name)?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

New season tonight. Wonder how they'll cop out of the finale last season...

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I was really excited about the new season but the first episode was so bad. Chris Carter needs to stop writing and let the other folks shine.

Also all the camera work was weird and felt more like 24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Gromit posted:

Skinner lived for sure. No way was he going to do all those magic secrets revealed shows without picking up a trick or two.

That show is actually pretty great too. Especially with all the double entendres and sleazy lines they wrote for the Skinman.

• Locked thread