Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
There was a great one, War of the Coprophages with all these cockroaches killing people in a small town... The local entomologist happens to be studying cockroaches and is also a crazy hot redhead named Bambi (I think). I don't remember specifics but Mulders interactions with her were hilarious.

I also saw Home on its initial airing as like a 14 year old. That was something :ohdear:

E: the only one I really remember hating was when skully gets that tattoo that talks to her :rolleyes:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
My aunt had a bunch of the 2-3 episode VHS tapes that we'd watch together. Anyone remember the trading cards that came with the tapes? There was some crazy good art on those cards (looked like oil paintings) depicting some iconic image from that particular episode.

Edit: examples I just found on eBay, really cool stuff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-X-Files-Season-1-VHS-Video-Cards-V-5-8-Fallen-Angel-Eve-Squeeze-Tooms-/261368850753

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-FILES-VIDEO-VHS-DVD-COLLECTOR-CARDS-FROM-THE-1990S-X11-NO-DUPS-NEAR-MINT-/301073842385

beanieson fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 24, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That Luke Wilson episode was glorious, I'd forgotten all about that.

We need a list if all the stand alone funny episodes like that, I'd like to show my wife some of this show & that would be a good way to introduce it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

The funniest bit being the prediction of Mulder's death.

Holy poo poo I just remembered this.

:ohdear: "Um, I guess it means asphyxiation while in a car," said my aunt to a 13yo me.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Started a rewatch a few days ago & I'm up to Ice. I hadn't seen Carpenter's The Thing until recently, a year or so ago & never realized till now how much of an homage this episode was.

• Locked thread