Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The 90's.

I've been watching the series from the beginning and am on episode 13 of season one. Scully's talking to a detective about someone who had died after he had sex with someone and she says "it's hard to imagine in this day and age someone having sex with a total stranger."

Ho ho ho. How wrong you are Dana Scully.

How wrong you are. :laugh::colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Fox should have gotten the cancer, not Dana.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So I'm thinking for me (for ME) the best way to do with X-Files these days is to just remember the fun I had watching it as a kid. I tried to watch most of the first season recently and it wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't gripping or compellingly acted compared to the few shows I currently watch.

What I may end up doing is just reading a summary of each episode to get the general gist of things, because I do think they put out some rather cool and unique monster of the week ideas for 8 seasons, as well as having a kinda cool mythology. I just can't be arsed to spend an hour watching each episode.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

joepinetree posted:

Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz, Duchovny and Anderson have all been pretty gung ho about wanting to do a third movie. Just like with the 2nd one, it has been Fox (who owns the franchise) that is not interested.

Does anybody smell a kickstarter for the neXt-Files?

• Locked thread