Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
God, Scully is such a badass so far. She's shot at so many things (with varying degrees of success) so far. Just stone cold killed a bank robber. Really enjoying season one so far. Beyond the Sea was a massive standout. Brad Dourif always does a fantastic job. Pretty excited to take in the whole series. After a bunch of Star Trek, I have to say the X-Files is a lot more willing to use interesting camera shots and lighting. It's honestly a bit refreshing.

E. Figures, as soon as I say Scully's being a badass she gets handcuffed to a radiator for most of the episode. :v:

apophenium fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

drat, Skinner is turning out to be one of my favorite parts of this show. He's kicked so much more rear end so far (just saw 'Paper Clip') than I was expecting him too. It's been really fun watching this along with Kumail Nanjiani's podcast.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Just finished War of the Coprophages. Great comedic timing and visual gags. I particularly loved the phone calls between Mulder and Scully. It was fun to see what Scully gets up to when she's not on a case. Cleaning her gun, cleaning her dog, eating ice cream... Great episode. I'm looking forward to Kumail Nanjiani talking to Darin Morgan again about this episode. The third season has been really great so far.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The podcast is so good holy poo poo. When I found out there weren't going to be episodes of it these last few weeks of 2014 I had a brief existential crisis. It's making going through the series for the first time a lot more enjoyable.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Chris Carter should not try to do goofy episodes. "Syzygy" was terrible. So many groan-worthy lines, and the Mulder-Scully power struggle thing felt really forced. Was kind of funny to see Ryan Reynolds talking about kicking butt in heaven though.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

LolitaSama posted:

I keep hearing how great the X-Files podcast is, but I've never listened to a podcast in its entirety. Do you sync them up with the episode and watch them that way or is it its own separate thing? Is each podcast covering an episode or is it just an assortment of X-files stuff ?

Nah, you don't have to sync them up, they talk about two episodes per podcast, usually. They've been going in order, but Kumail said he plans on doing an episode about the X-Cops one out of order. The guests Kumail has had have been really good so far, he even talked to Darin Morgan about Clyde Bruckman's Last Repose and Humbug. I think he's going to have William B. Davis on the show soon too.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

What episode are they up too? If they have not done it yet having William B. Davis would be a good guest for Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man.

This week's episode talked about 'Pusher' (which was awesome) and 'Tesos Dos Bichos' (which was not). It's been really fun watching along with the podcast.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I hate that the last shot of Hot FBI DadSkinner is his boots under a loving Ford SUV

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I'm assuming he's still alive. But I'm not assuming that there will be more X-Files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Seriously that shot is the only thing I think about when I try to remember the rest of the episode. What the gently caress. Now I'll never be able to rewatch without being haunted by Skinner's shoes

• Locked thread