Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You know, what kind of name is Mulder, anyway? What is that, like, Jewish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mange Mite posted:

This except he's actually an evil ghost on an alien chip in Mulder's left rear end cheek

Not even an evil alien conspiracy would dare blemish those cheeks.

It's Scully in disguise to motivate Mulder.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jose posted:

so how important is it that i finish the xfiles before these new episodes because i'm kind of burning out at season 7

Not very. You should listen to The X Files Files though. Especially the ones for Jose Chung is From Outer Space and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

corn in the fridge posted:

honestly its hard to imagine there being a worse xfiles episode than that video game one in season 7

That ep had a pretty weak feminist message that shoots itself in the foot.

It could have been done a lot better but Duchovny and Anderson in paintball gear look pretty sweet.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
David Duckovny doin' an AMA only for questions about Hollywood AD

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Of course a bunch of suits and their bean counters almost sink this glorious return because they wanted to short a woman on her pay.

You guys hype? I'm sensibly hyped. :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
We are the aliens all along.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CelticPredator posted:

But we've seen The Syndicate talk about Aliens colonizing planets. We've seen gigantic Alien ships filled with human beings with Aliens inside of them.

And of course, we've seen warring Alien races lighting each other on fire.

Swamp gas.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Glumslinger posted:

Having it explained like this makes me 100% on board with this crazy train :toot:

All according to plan...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fromsinkingsands posted:

Relatively new to X-Files, started watching the new episodes and was not impressed. Is the editing generally this poor in prior seasons?

Yes. Whatever you do, skip the pilot, best season is 7. You can start there really.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fromsinkingsands posted:

Relatively new to X-Files, started watching the new episodes and was not impressed. Is the editing generally this poor in prior seasons?

For goodness sake don't watch Squeeze of Tooms! These people have been drinking the x-files conspiracy koolaid, if you catch my meaning.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I know you all hated Mulder's snark with Obamacare and stuff. But that was dope and totally Mulder. A+ poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mange Mite posted:

Well, before it would be just him talking and sounding like a lunatic. This time though it had a bunch of stock video stuff for every beat like a bad youtube video

And you think that's not exactly what Fox is into?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure they have done the same with a couple of Fox's voiceovers in the original series.

The original series was amateurish and pointless.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Basebf555 posted:

I just wish at some point in the first episode this would have been acknowledged, even just one line of dialogue would have done it. Like, "Wow Mulder, remember that time you thought UFO abductions were a government sponsored distraction? Maybe you weren't so off-base after all!"

And they should have mentioned that nest of gundarks they fell into. Boy was that a sticky situation!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Scully was there when they set fire to a bunch of abductees.

Implanted memory.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

Man all the corpses they found around her must have also been one.

Faked.

Remember the alien they found in the ancient ice that was inserted through a drill hole?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

PBS Newshour posted:

Don't forget the lovable ghost couple who give sage advice after Mulder loses his way.

Those the same ghosts that tried to get Skully and Molder to kill each other?

They were cool.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jack Gladney posted:

He's supposed to sound crazy, right? Like he's an addict who just took a hit? I didn't think we were supposed to take that scene completely seriously, but that it was supposed to make us worry about his state of mind.

Yes. Scully is the audience in that scene.

"Dear Lord, Mulder, have you been hitting the phenazepam?"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Basebf555 posted:

Works in theory, but in practice what ended up happening was more like:

"Dear Lord, Carter, have you been hitting the phenazepam?"

He needs to keep hitting it hard and hitting it deep.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Octy posted:

'Ice'. Still holds up well for a season one episode.

Mulder jokes about his tiny dick. The best ep ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I really wish they'd done something more with Mulder's fear of fire (Pyrophobia).

• Locked thread