Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jack Gladney posted:

I think the horrible ones are worth it for generally being hilarious. The one where Mulder teams up with a British person to stop Badger from Firefly is amazing cheese.

Yeah, Fire. That one is awful in the best way possible. Those two were supposed to have this like amazing ex-lover chemistry but it was wooden as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season one had a lot of ex-lover or potential love interests appear for both Mulder and Scully, none of which ever worked.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bobkatt013 posted:

It also has Beyond the Sea, Tooms, Eve, Ice, EBE, Fallen Angel, and Squeeze. Season one had a bunch of highs but it also had some low lows.

Yeah, season one is pretty loving legit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

joepinetree posted:

If I recall correctly, at the time it aired that episode drove people nuts. First, because Duchovny was doing a limited number of episodes in season 8, so him appearing entirely on flashback annoyed people. Second, because there were shippers, and Scully getting pregnant through that instead of the old fashioned way was a big deal, for some reason.

Which was silly since they were already loving before season 8 so really it should have been nbd, shippers already got their fix mang.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Emerson Cod posted:

The shift in the tone of the show post 9/11 was huge looking back on it. The Lone Gunmen dying to save a number of people conspicuously close to the death toll of it, taking out CSM with a cruise missile while he's holed up and hiding in the desert, etc. The last season really reflected the sense of uncertainty and dread that permeated culture back then.

Didn't The Lone Gunman show do an episode that was basically 9/11 before 9/11?

Man I need to rewatch dat poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's really no excuse for these six episodes not to be polished up to a perfect shine, but then again, that was also true of the movies and look how those turned out.

Considering how fast they pushed the episodes out, I'm not surprised most of them have had some incredibly rough edges.

fwiw the first movie was awesome

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

inignot posted:

That was utter dogshit.

Yep. And I loved every second of it. It used 40min of my time to inject 120min of exposition directly into my veins in that vintage, convoluted Carter style.

It hit me today that Chris Carter and Hideo Kojima should form a master team of retcons and twists upon retcons and twists.

Season 10 was so so, I didn't mind it as much as most. I accepted Carter has no loving clue what he's doing a very long time ago, and it had a couple good standalones. I've been hearing good things about season 11's MotW stuff and it potentially?? handling some of the myth stuff semi-decently later, too, so I'm looking forward to the rest of this event or w/e Fox is calling it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh nice, this thread has that weird glitch where the first post on a new page is all hosed and the notifications are haunted!

Fitting tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

McSpanky posted:

The question is, is this a mytharc thread or a MOTW thread?

It's a mytharc-MOTW hybrid. It is also Mulder's brother.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Laterite posted:

This was a good episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked season 10 as well, to be fair. My expectations for mytharc have been low for over a decade and it had some fun standalones. 11 seems much better so far.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gravitee posted:

Spoiler I guess:

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/953809292120948736

@GillianA: ATTHS. Twice. 😏 #TheXFiles https://t.co/xyXWXaTe3Y

ATTHS means And Then They Had Sex

Aww yeah.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It has that curse where it will eat whichever post is supposed to start a new page. Then the post after that one actually will start a new page.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Happens all the time with extras and bit parts, male or female.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A Fancy Hat posted:

This whole season has been knocking it out of the park. If it ends, at least it's going out with a really strong season.

I agree whole heartedly. Even My Struggle III, which is kind of the perfect encapsulation of Chris Carter ridiculousness. Even if the last two episodes are bad I'll be happy with this as a final season.

Honestly, I look forward to going out with some convoluted Carter banger. It just wouldn't be The X-Files otherwise.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bonk posted:

Goddammit, I walk by those creepy-rear end laughing Chinese statues in English Bay all the time, but I never noticed until watching this episode that they have nipples. :aaa:

I love just how clearly Vancouver seasons 10-11 are.

Those laughing dudes spoop the poo poo outta me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, word? I thought it was another short one. Ten episodes is a good number, esp if this is likely the last.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That first movie's real good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Plus it had that almost-kiss for disgusting shippers like myself. Just in general it was like a big, well done mytharc before Carter went entirely up his own rear end.

Fun setpieces, too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo. I wonder who the ghost post is this time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm a lesbian and I'd still let David Duchovny do whatever he wanted to my body tbqh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dat Denise

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked the William episode quite a bit. This season is overall QUITE GOOD tbh.

I'll probably get around to this week's episode tomorrow after Drag Race or something tho tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think we're supposed to be unsure if Skinner actually took CSM's deal or is playing him tbf

• Locked thread