Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Basebf555 posted:

I did a rewatch with my roommate this year and we're right at the end of Season 7 where Mulder is about to exit. Its a loving bummer because the chemistry between Duchovney and Anderson is so strong by this point, their banter in some of these episodes carries the whole thing. It would have been great to have another full season of them reacting to ridiculous poo poo like genies, dopplegangers and garbage monsters.

Oh man, the garbage monster episode in the suburbs. That entire episode is comedy gold simply because of how Mulder and Scully bounce off of each other and their location. Granted, I tend to like the MotW episodes over the mytharc ones simply because it felt like the writers could get a little wackier (Triangle, X-COPS).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

joepinetree posted:

At the time, it was pretty funny how people reacted to mytharc vs motw. Early on in the series people would look forward to mytharc episodes and be pretty disappointed when it was a MOTW. That reverses some time after the 1st movie, when people knew a mytharc episode would be another punt.

Arcadia in particular may have resonated with me because I remember battles my dad was having with our neighborhood HOA around the same time about Christmas decorations. No garbage golems but plenty of busybodies in golf carts :v:

• Locked thread