Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think "Detour" is one of the better X-Files episodes that I don't hear people talk about much. My vote for worst episode goes to a tie between "Lord of the Flies" and "The Field Where I Died".

Those HD screenshot comparisons are awesome. I've rewatched this show so much over the last few years and am always disappointed when there's an episode that has scenes that are too dark, there's quite a few of them. I would be so happy to watch through again and have the episodes look like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Detour is awesome. I think my candidates for worst episodes would be "3" and "all things," although I haven't watched either of them in years. "First Pirson Shooter" is a special kind of hilariously bad. That's the one where they get trapped in the video game and there's an evil glitchy hot woman with a gun. I unironically love that episode though. Really any time there are computers as more than just a search or word processor, it's pretty hysterical; "Kill Switch" comes to mind.

Hahahaha, I've blocked "3" from my memory, I think I've watched it a total of once.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Do people really think this was a terrible episode? I rewatched it recently and it seemed middle-of-the-road at worst.

I feel like most people don't dislike it that much, but I think it's a terrible episode because it seems really, really out of character for Scully.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That was literally discussed last page, with pretty much the exact same thing you said.

david_a posted:

Ha... I dug up the thread because I just watched Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. Awesome episode.

Why does everyone call him "Cigarette Smoking Man" anyway? Mulder always calls him Cancer Man which is way cooler. :colbert:

Maybe I'm dense, but why did he start smoking in the first place? Is it just a way of showing that he has zero optimism for the future?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Does anyone give a poo poo about the X-Files "myth arc" these days? Did anyone by the time season 8&9 rolled around? I can't imagine that would be wise. Just get the dream team back together and hope Fox doesn't gently caress it up somehow.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Only thing worrying me about a reboot is, how much work is already done on writing if they plan on starting shooting in June? Some of the old writing crew should be free. Frank Spotnitz recently got picked up by Amazon, Vince is working on Better Call Saul, Howard Gordon is working on something else for Fox. I think John Shiban, Glen & Darin Morgan, and James Wong are all potentially free. Directorial talent is also a question, since main man Kim Manners has since passed away.

Slate Action posted:

Now that they're doing something new with the property, they have no excuse not to make the HD remaster of the show available in some way, right?

Yeah, this is actually the main thing I'm excited about with the new episodes being announced.

e: I guess they might not plan on starting shooting then, since the announcement says "production" is to start in "summer", that was just the original rumor. Hopefully they take their time.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 24, 2015

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/24/the-x-files-creator-chris-carter-on-the-show-s-summer-return.html

Chris Carter says they've been in talks since November. I guess it should have been obvious when Amazon dropped his show that The X-Files was looking pretty likely to start up again, hindsight is 20/20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Y'all are a bunch of whiners, of course it was going to suck, it's a Chris Carter episode. If all this new season accomplishes is getting us one more Darin Morgan episode then we've won, and if they somehow get another set of six episodes out of this and we get one more Vince Gilligan episode we'll have won again.

• Locked thread