Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I missed this episode, poo poo, didn't even know they were doing this thing. Anyone have an idea when they'll rerun it?

Although gently caress me, reading some of those spoiler tags makes me glad I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I missed the first two episodes of this season so maybe I'm just coming in from a pseudo-newcomer's point of view, but I'm actually feeling this one, and I hated the gently caress out of last season like everyone else. Is it just me or is this actually enjoyable?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Wax Lion posted:

I feel so bad for Gillian Anderson having to perform this

Yeah, that was a little on the nose while she didn't mention how sagging Mulder's face was at the same time.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So who the gently caress was that guy in the courtyard who met with Mulder?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know if my hearing's off or the dialogue is that bad, but are these two girls constantly referring to each other as a bully? Because that doesn't sound like something that two girls who would go spelunking based on a dream would call a stranger.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So apparently weirdness runs in the Morgan blood.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
These kids are seriously into some Candle Cove style poo poo.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So Jere Burns is now a creepy witch doctor who is in a cult. That's quite a role after being Jesse Pinkman's drug counselor in Breaking Bad and Wynn Duffy from Justified.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The loving gently caress. I didn't think anything could creep me out more than Mr. Chuckleteeth.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
For a (presumptive) series finale, that was disappointing. It's been 16 years since I've seen the original series finale and maybe I'm wearing rose tinted glasses here, but I remember that being a fuckton better than this could ever be.

And maybe I misinterpreted it, but wasn't Reyes earlier trying to mislead CSM in this one when she got off the phone? So I get why she'd run over Skinner when he's shooting at them, but she makes no hostile actions at CSM. Come to think of it, I can't remember if he shot at them first, or she started driving at him which provoked him.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

BBCA is running an X-FIles marathon this weekend. It appears they're using the restored episodes re-framed to 16:9.

1993 X-Files is so retro. I feel old watching it.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So Scully was drugged and almost raped by a weird guy in a cult, and after Mulder saves her, he describes the incident where she lay limply on the bed while this guy was ready to violate her as her being "ready to do the wild thing with this guy," even though it was anything but consensual. Later she for some reason can't find it in her to shoot the same guy when his pseudo-Amish group try and stop her from taking a killer into custody who belonged to their group even though she's an FBI agent and doctor?

Man this show had a rough start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

It’s been a while since I’ve seen that episode but wasn’t Mulder unaware of the groups special abilities at the time he said that? And I always thought Sculley’s reluctance to shoot was residual from his whatever ability.

It's more that she was clearly out of it and he still described it as her ready to gently caress him when it was clearly rape. That and the group only seemed to have power over their victims when they touched their hands. I mean I guess it's possible it was some sort of air-based effect too, but it still looks like this guy had some emotional hold over her when as an FBI agent whose job is to bring in scum on a regular basis, should at least be contemplating filling him with lead for what he tried to do to her.

• Locked thread