Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Doing my first rewatch of X-Files in like a decade so I can watch the revival, and sticking with mostly just the mytharc episodes and a few character development ones was great at first, but by season 9 I'm really regretting it. It's not that the mythology didn't have huge holes in it before that point, but there was enough ambiguity a person would be able to reconcile the new scripts with the old: the cracks really start to show around the time of the movie, and though things mostly hold together after that, you can more or less write it off after the Syndicate is written out. There was brief excitement with the hunt for Mulder introducing Agent McGruff the Crime Dog, but it quickly fell off when they tried to muddy the waters with the baby.

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
JCFOS isn't even a mytharc episode lol

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

el oso posted:

Forehead Sweat was so, so good. The revival has mostly been mediocre or outright bad so far but it's all worth it for the two Darin Morgan episodes.

Squatchin'

I never watched Millennium or even the crossover episode in X-Files season 7, but after looking at Morgan's filmography now I know there's a Jose Chung sequel and I'm going to have to make the plunge. Pray for me

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Old Boot posted:

CSM showed up to drop some hot takes on him, and he caved again because :shrug:

The more I think about it, the less sure I am about the 'why.'

Honestly when they said there was gonna be a Skinner episode I assumed it had to do with the nanomachines CSM and Krycek used to control him for like, half the original run

Speaking of killer robots, just pay the drat tip Mulder!

Popelmon posted:

Why is her house so much nicer than Mulder's?

I loved this episode, so many stupid little jokes. Bigly Credit, Mulder still only tipping 10%, teach the controversy and that blobfish. Also Queequeg :( .

One of them is a doctor, the other was on the lamb for a decade and spends their money on mail-order videos of alien autopsies

Also same about blobfish, Bigly Credit, RIP Queequeg :smith:

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 1, 2018

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Ahahaha Scully brought her eggplant

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol The Lone Gunmen had a more satisfying and complete series finale, and I'm not even talking about "Jump the Shark"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Scully got over the death of her son just as quickly as she got over the death of her daughter, and I'm pretty sure she used the same rationale almost verbatim (they were an experiment etc.)

• Locked thread