Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm 17 minutes in and so far this fricking owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yup, this episode was great. Need more like this and last week's, kick the mytharc to the curb.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The guy on the Witness protection screen looked familiar. Anyone know if he's from the series before?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

business hammocks posted:

He was also the mafia guy in the picture with the doctor in the documentary.

What documentary? In episode? I was watching it and playing vidja games

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

GutBomb posted:

I have been grateful that since the first episode there hasn't been a mention of William. Now that I've said that the rest of the season it's sure to be all about that plotline.

We've expended our good and fun episodes and now we gotta get back to what X-Philes love... mytharc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gravitee posted:

They are saying Ghouli, referencing a monster from a website . Had whiffs of Slenderman and my worlds collide. :monocle:

Super hoping after reading the description mulder would look at the screen and say wow scully, this situation is something awful.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost post?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I didn't hate it but I also don't think there was too much there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I just want one episode where all the botox in mulders face becomes sentient and tries to kill him

Same but all those cigarettes Gillian smoked

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe the ghost post was intentional

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

I'm a week behind but the William ep was actually decent. Unironically love the location scouts who don't give a poo poo and have them shoot a boat in Norfolk where you can see one of the many famous mountains of Norfolk, VA in the background. Not as funny as the older ep in "the Everglades" but still clearly not trying to hide it at all.

Which episode was that? I remember one that was supposed to be in Apalachicola but it's been so long I don't recall if it looked the part or not assuming it wasn't for once filmed on location

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

Last week's with "Ghouli". Norfolk is a harbor and there isn't a mountain for hundreds of miles.

No I meant the everglades one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Antares posted:

They were hunting some sort of Predator monster, I don't remember the season though.

Yeah that was supposed to be Apalachicola National Forest. It was Detour and I can't remember anymore what it looked like in comparison at this point but it definitely gets a comparable amount of rain to the temperate rainforests of the British Columbia/PNW.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahaha yeah they definitely didn't film it on location after 6 seconds in. Too much moss/lichens, not enough pines

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Skully's house is loving nice god drat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It was a good little episode :)

So far I'm enjoying this season but as always mytharc stuff is hit or miss.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Next episode sincerely looks pretty creepy.

Where can I see a preview of this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

I am so goddamned sick of television shows condescendingly telling me to put my phone away.

I'm communicating with people I love and reading about topics that interest me. OOOOOH! EVIL!

The printed word was going to be the death of culture. Movies were going to be the death of culture. Then radio. Then television. Then computers. Now phones.

Old people fear change and project their fading relevance onto whatever the new thing is and if you're going to do it, at least do what Black Mirror does and go a little further beyond "scientific advancement bad."

Settle down, beavis.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

Thank you for this nuanced and interesting rebuttal.

Blow it out your rear end

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Well that was a definite step up from last week's train wreck. Those kid show mascots were just loving unsettling.

Interesting take Mr... what was it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

GutBomb posted:

I thought it was mr chuckle cheese because I only heard the name when children were saying it, but then I saw me chuckle teeth in the credits and it made more sense.

It was more a reference to his av

Gonz posted:

I literally posted the name a few posts ago, you philistines.

You too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Give it two to five years and X-Files will be rebooted without Carter. That people even gave this poo poo a chance after that last season means there's an audience, but there'd be an even bigger audience for an X-Files with more of a crazy motw focus, a competent producer, and younger leads. It's a timeless formula once you have removed the horrible mythos: skeptic and believer investigate creepy weird poo poo, it just does not deserve the baggage. And again, a sane and competent producer who can pick out two leads and twist the formula, not whatever the loving hell was going on in that flaming bag of poo poo mushroom episode last season.

They did another mushroom episode last season?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm glad skinner got his rear end ate before series ended.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The aliens should have invaded and the Detecs should have been solving MotW in the brave new world for their overlords (note: I have no clue what the mytharc amounted to except these last episodes)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I never watched late episodes of original run TXF and especially don't remember mytharc poo poo. And all the My Struggle poo poo was pretty forgettable. Why was Reyes with Ciggie? She was my least favorite of the main leads cuz lets be honest she was no doggett but even so I liked her well enough in the motw stuff I saw her in. But what is/was the storyline reason that she was helping the series main badguy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's a drat shame because there were a handful of actually good episodes this season too and one excellent one. And I couldnt wish a ghost post on a better show.

• Locked thread