Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
He also played the villain in the 1986 Stallone flick Cobra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Holy poo poo, just watched the new Chris Carter pilot on Amazon Prime. It's called The After and it is starting off properly hosed up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_i=1001155581

Oh man, thanks for mentioning this. Hadn't heard anything about it and instead of (ok, in addition to) my nightly X-files viewing I'm gonna give this a whirl.

Edit: ok yeah...that was interesting

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 7, 2014

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Chris Carter did an AmA on Reddit yesterday and while being noncommittal said something like "it is possible you could see more X-Files someday".

He was also unable to answer specific unresolved plot points about the show without "having to think about [whatever was asked] and where we were trying to go with it". That seemed pretty telling to me that he's aware the show went off the rails and lost direction.

He also confirmed that Scully is immortal.

Has anyone else checked out the pilot on Amazon streaming for his new series "The After"? I thought it was pretty boring with some not so great acting, until the very end. I'll give it a shot because hey, it's from the dude that gave us Mulder and Scully. And Frank Black.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 1, 2014

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I loves me some Millenium. Gonna get my box set out and binge. For a long time the pilot and the X-files episode 'Home' (yeah you know that one) were the creepiest things I had ever seen on TV.

In the article I read about Fox bringing the X-files back, they also mentioned resurrecting 'Prison Break' and more '24'. Holky gently caress I'd love more PB!

My feeling is that any of those would do great as short event series. As much as I love the X-files I'm not sure how well it would work as a regular series today. The era in which the show aired was as big of a part to its success as the writing etc.

Edit: Found the article where Prison Break, X-Files, and 24 are all mentioned

isaboo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 20, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Agreed, a short season would be fantastic. Didn't Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan work on some of the better X-Files episodes? Thinking about what he could do with the franchise today after his success with BB gets my mind whirling. And now that Amazon has declined to pick up Chris Carter's latest project The After, maybe now is a good time for him to get on the ball.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
This is such amazing news and I can't wait. Now if only Chris Carter could do the same with Millennium...

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

bobkatt013 posted:

When Chris Carter touched Millennium again it turned to poo poo. Then they tried to end it with an x-files episode that was complete horseshit.

Awww, it has been so long since I've seen Millennium I forgot about that. I'm rewatching season 1 now and I still love the atmosphere and Frank Black.

I wonder if Krycek's ghost will show up in the new X-Files episodes. Or The Lone Gunmen...

Now I'm just being silly and wishing for stuff that will never happen

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I never knew this existed, but has anyone read the Season 10 comics? Apparently it picks it up after the events of the second feature film. Is it worth picking up?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Holy poo poo that's great news. I'm getting way too excited as well and I should probably temper my expectations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
gently caress yes. Very happy, indeed.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

berzerkmonkey posted:

58 seconds in, possible Fringe tie-in?

Oh man, I wish but I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong though, even if it's just a quick shot like that (that we can see clearly).

VVV Yeah, I remember that line because my head almost exploded

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 30, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think there is supposed to be new footage of the new season during this week's episode of Gotham, whenever that is. No idea what will be shown- anyone know?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Require More Fire posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/30/arts/television/the-x-files-home-scary-tv.html?_r=0

Neat article/interview with Morgan and Wong about "Home". The most interesting bit in it is that they had been ready to start working on a script for Millennium that would have Frank Black find the remaining members of the Peacock family with Fox found out and told them that "those characters are never to appear on TV again."

Whew, I was about to go apoplectic, as I read that as "Frank Black should never appear on TV again"... then I actually read the article and it was all good. :) I miss Millennium.

Hello, Chris Carter? Hi. Yes, please do a new short run of Millennium. Thanks!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

68k posted:

When those flashlights clicked on, I lost my poo poo.

Same. So badass.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm gonna watch the First Person Shooter episode before the premiere tomorrow :dance:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh poo poo I had no idea the second episode is airing tonight 1/25. I knew it was moving to Mondays but thought it was going to be next week.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I love Scully but she always sounds like she's dead tired

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Jack Gladney posted:

This is why the Devin Faraci episodes of the X-Files Files are the best: he was a pothead conspiracy nut in the 90s.

Lol@ Devin Feraci. The worst part of chud.com back in the day which is saying a lot.

Liked this episode much more than the premiere. Watching Millennium now just because

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Basebf555 posted:

One of the things that's easy to forget if you haven't rewatched the show in a long time is how cold blooded Scully is. She definitely shoots more dudes than Mulder does over the course of the show, I'd bet on it. Especially since Mulder's out of the picture after a certain point. When she aims at something, she tends to hit it.

Yeah but she's literally immortal so she's not worried about getting shot :v:

Also I forgot how awesome the score for this show has been throughout its run and these new episodes are no different in that respect.

• Locked thread