Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Don't forget Humbug (Season 2). I'm pretty sure that was the first episode I ever saw.

e: that got edited in after I posted :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

WASH DAY TOMORROW. NOTHING CLEAN, RIGHT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-TmQ1ktaLU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Octy posted:

Pendrell turns up a lot in Season 3. If I recall correctly he dies.
Yeah, he gets accidentally shot by an assassin after buying Scully a birthday drink :smith:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Octy posted:

He truly is gone this time. Well, until he comes back as a ghost.

I'm going away with a friend next week and in between the beach and drinking I want to introduce her to the show. She has in fact watched one episode with another friend which I've managed to identify as 'Lazarus'. She found it predictable and not that enjoyable, which is about my memory of it too. I was thinking of lining up three episodes. One of them is definitely going to be 'Jose Chung's From Outer Space' and the second probably 'The Host' for a nice gross out episode, but I don't know about a third. I'd like to limit it to either the first three seasons or seasons 2 to 4, just so I'm not lugging around a bunch of DVD cases. Despite rewatching the show over the last two months my memory is terrible for which are good episodes.
Assuming you're avoiding the mytharc type episodes, my choices would be any of

Season 1: Squeeze, Ice, or Darkness Falls
Season 2: Fresh Bones, Irresistible, Humbug
Season 3: Clyde Bruckman, The List, Pusher
Season 4: Leonard Betts, Small Potatoes

If I had to pick one I'd go with "Humbug", I think that was the first episode of the show I ever saw and it got me hooked.

• Locked thread