Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
My main problem with I Want to Believe was the fact that Mulder and Scully felt like guest stars in their own movie. I think Amanda Peet got more screen time than Gillian Anderson did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Payndz posted:

I interviewed Aykroyd once, and yes, he absolutely believes in the paranormal. More the ghosts/supernatural side than UFOs, it seemed, but he's truly into it.

No, he's also really into UFOs as well.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Loomer posted:

I would love to see what they could do with the basic premise of s1 and 2 Millennium now with the much looser censorship, myself.

Hannibal.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

I think Carter has joined the ranks of Lucas and Roddenberry as creators who are good at world building and setting tone, but should really leave the nitty gritty of plot, characterization and especially dialogue to other, more talented people.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Its days like these that I'm glad to be part of the elite, decadent bourgeois that can afford Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

But are they in hd?

Yup.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

I prefer the The Wrath of Khan approach. Boot Carter upstairs and put the characters and stories in the hands of some brand new talent. Someone who understands who Mulder and Scully are and what they are about, while still bringing in a fresh perspective and new ideas.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

remusclaw posted:

I wonder how awful the resolution of the season 10 cliffhanger is going to be. Massive cop out being pretty much necessary to ensure the show isn't some kind of post apocalyptic show.

Did they ever both addressing the fact that 2012 came and went without an alien invasion?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

McSpanky posted:

That was a :jerkbag: development if there ever was one.

There were countless scenes of the consortium members discussing the aliens and colonization amongst themselves with no reason to lie. What? Were they all being punked by an even more powerful secret society of global elites?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Ignis posted:

They wanted to make the Scotland Yard lady a recurrent character, but she was so universally hated (plus she had poo poo chemistry with duchovny) that they gave up on that idea

Wasn't the actress dating Duchovny at the time?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Astroman posted:

:lol:

He took a missile to the face, and wasn't even burned. poo poo, when we saw him actually burned and injured, that was just a fantasy/dream. IRL he was perfectly fine apparently.

I'm guessing it's too creatively taxing for Carter to come up with a new villain who isn't just a variation on a conspiracy of powerful old white guys plotting away in some dark, smokey room.

I'm also amused that they've stopped bothering to give CSM reasons for his actions other than he's just an evil guy who does evil things. Even Megatron and Skeletor have better character motivations than this.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

I have a feeling Carter just decided that he needed a supporting character to return as a baddy, and just drew Reyes' name out of a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

• Locked thread