Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Ugh. Is "3" the one where Mulder falls in love with a vampire?

If so, I had repressed that one too until now. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
What are some of the best MotW from Season 5, 6, and 7? Honestly, I don't remember where I stopped watching. At one point I was only watching mytharc episodes, and holy poo poo that was a bad idea. But I've seen almost everything from Seasons 1-4. What's the one where they're on a spaceship (or a submarine??) and for some reason there's rapid-aging? That was the most boring episode by far, I think.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Which episode(s) were that? Sounds vaguely familiar.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

bull3964 posted:

I think the greatest contribution X-Files had on genre TV is the "cold open death."

1) Redshirts show up on screen
2) Something creepy is lurking in the shadows
3) Redshirts die in a violent and gruesome way

*credits*

Open scene is our main characters arriving at the investigation.

Supernatural has aped this down to a science Fringe did it frequently as well.

Let me tell you a little about this show called Law and Order.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
That's amazing. I always turned that episode off earlier because I was like "meh, I've already seen Rosemary's Baby."

Guess I'll have to check it out. Somehow, during my initial run, I missed Small Potatoes, and just caught that last night. That was a nice surprise.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
The Unsolved Mysteries one would have been awesome.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Just skip Dod Kalm. Seriously. I almost gave up on the whole show because of how bad that episode is.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

marktheando posted:

Really? What was so bad about it? It's certainly not a great episode but almost giving up on the show?

It was so slow and boring that I felt like I was trapped on the ship too. Speaking of which, what a waste of a cool ambiance, that episode was.

Also, it was written as a bottle episode, and so they could use the naval destroyer one more time in an episode. And it shows.

"Død Kalm was written to make use of the show's access to a navy destroyer that had previously featured in "Colony" and "End Game." The episode was originally intended as a way to give the production crew a rest after several demanding episodes had been shot..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Your post just made me decide to watch Season 8. Thanks. Or dammit, what a terrible recommendation. We'll see which way it goes.

• Locked thread