Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Brad is always so quick to dismiss new ideas even thought hes never tried them and they are usually 100% right

For real. I'm normally a Brad man but the annoyance with with which he dismisses obviously correct advice is making him super unlikable in this stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hey Brad I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't need the flame sword in order to beat the boss. Just a guess.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The boss breaking the spear on the wall isn't a problem. Better to get those hits in. If he did that the boss'd be dead by now.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I feel like I can probably go to bed at this point and will miss nothing but Brad cursing for the rest of the night.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
"A lot of people are telling you <advice that is correct>."
"I don't think that's possible." <continues to do the same stupid poo poo that has failed 30 times>

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Hakkesshu posted:

The boss breaking the spear on the wall isn't a problem. Better to get those hits in. If he did that the boss'd be dead by now.

but no he breaks them its useless muda muda muda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

He just acted like being in the side cubby for one phase meant that he HAD to stay there for the next phase as well.

He's being super bizarre here.

EDIT: The death counter is wingdings now. Which is pretty good though.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Nohman posted:

"I don't think that's possible." <continues to do the same stupid poo poo that has failed 30 times>

Peak Brad

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Nohman posted:

Welcome To Brad.

Link43130
Apr 13, 2009

Your way works too posted:

He just acted like being in the side cubby for one phase meant that he HAD to stay there for the next phase as well.

He's being super bizarre here.

Yeah, like Rorie mentioned that you can get a spear in the door to completely dodge the lighting attack without needing to jump three times and Brad shot him down because "the flame sword is so strong." It's like he's not noticing the pattern and forgetting when he's doing damage and when he isn't.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

drat this is a lame way to beat the boss, Brad

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Link43130 posted:

Yeah, like Rorie mentioned that you can get a spear in the door to completely dodge the lighting attack without needing to jump three times and Brad shot him down because "the flame sword is so strong." It's like he's not noticing the pattern and forgetting when he's doing damage and when he isn't.

but the pink fire breaks spears they are completely useless for this fight!!!!!!!!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
DarkSydeBrad. I'm watching AGDQ replays but I've seen stubborn Brad streams enough to know what I'm not missing.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Brad wins via the cheapest tactics, gg

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

cronox2 posted:

DarkSydeBrad.

drat. Ruthless. Without ruth.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Vinny finishes Dark Souls. Brad finishes Volgarr. All the pressure on Patrick for Spelunky now.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
He might not be great but brad is wayyyy better than the idiots on YouTube because

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Brad wins via the cheapest tactics, gg
I was hoping that on the fourth or fifth orb drop the entire floor would just turn into spikes.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vinny finishes Dark Souls. Brad finishes Volgarr. All the pressure on Patrick for Spelunky now.

If he beat olmec the first time, jesus that would have been amazing

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Vinny just straight up face tanking Gwyn and his kid was humorous. Brad pulling that kind of cheese was just disheartening. It doesn't feel earned.

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
They shouldn't have made it possible, then. :colbert:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

cheesetriangles posted:

Vinny just straight up face tanking Gwyn and his kid was humorous. Brad pulling that kind of cheese was just disheartening. It doesn't feel earned.

The difference was you were cheering for Dark Lord Vinny, while I think everyone in the room was ready to shiv Brad "88 Deaths. What Is Pattern?" Shoemaker by the end of that stream. Jeff needs to show up for more Breaking Brads and just have increasing salty contempt for Brad's lovely abilities.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Brad isn't even that bad he just refuses to adapt to any change in tactics or try anything new at all.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

randombattle posted:

Brad isn't even that bad he just refuses to adapt to any change in tactics or try anything new at all.

these two statements contradict each other

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Patrick is streaming more Dark Souls

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

cronox2 posted:

DarkSydeBrad.

Oh jesus.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get it?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dodoman posted:

I don't get it?

There is a youtube guy named DarkSydePhil who is extremely bad at games, refuses to learn from tutorials or his own actions or anything else really, and who is known for getting mad at the games he plays and blaming his mistakes on everything but himself.

I never realized how similar he actually is to Brad until typing that just now, drat. At least Brad can sometimes make great jokes though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dodoman posted:

I don't get it?

An excellent example of DarkSydePhil that barely contains any DarkSydePhil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abYKKrCkF-c

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Our boy Studio is on AGDQ right now!

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Nohman posted:

The difference was you were cheering for Dark Lord Vinny, while I think everyone in the room was ready to shiv Brad "88 Deaths. What Is Pattern?" Shoemaker by the end of that stream. Jeff needs to show up for more Breaking Brads and just have increasing salty contempt for Brad's lovely abilities.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Speaking of AGDQ, y'all should throw in some money to secure RyanD as Robo's name for Chrono Trigger. Solid gold robit action!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

2poch is the more fitting name

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
After having the odd monthly subscription, finally got my full yearly premium membership! Excuse while I go catch up on some of the hours of entertainment I've missed. First up, Load Our Last Souls!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sort of related: Brad Muir's now the host of Idle Thumbs' Dota podcast. You know, in case just one Dota-obsessed Brad wasn't enough. :v:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man, I had assumed that podcast was dead. I think the last episode was back just after the international finished, glad to see it's been resurrected though. I might actually go back to idlethumbs.net now.

PC Brigadier
Oct 2, 2013
rad unprofessional fridays segments that should be in the op:
Wonderswan, Beverly Hills Cop, Steak-umms, Truck Horns, Code Blue

PC Brigadier fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 10, 2014

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

The Kins posted:

Sort of related: Brad Muir's now the host of Idle Thumbs' Dota podcast. You know, in case just one Dota-obsessed Brad wasn't enough. :v:

Was very pleasantly surprised to see a new Dota Today in my podcast list this morning! WOO SMILEY MAN!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

The Kins posted:

Wait, does this actually count as fulfilling Sean's new years resolution to resurrect the Dota 2 cast if Muir is hosting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Wait, does this actually count as fulfilling Sean's new years resolution to resurrect the Dota 2 cast if Muir is hosting?

It features Sean and it's a new episode. Talk about a quick turnaround on that resolution.

• Locked thread