Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
"A lot of people are telling you <advice that is correct>."
"I don't think that's possible." <continues to do the same stupid poo poo that has failed 30 times>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

cheesetriangles posted:

Vinny just straight up face tanking Gwyn and his kid was humorous. Brad pulling that kind of cheese was just disheartening. It doesn't feel earned.

The difference was you were cheering for Dark Lord Vinny, while I think everyone in the room was ready to shiv Brad "88 Deaths. What Is Pattern?" Shoemaker by the end of that stream. Jeff needs to show up for more Breaking Brads and just have increasing salty contempt for Brad's lovely abilities.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
DmC was just forgettable generic but competent enough. It wasn't terrible. It wasn't amazing. It just sort of was a by the numbers game in the genre with some pretty visuals.

Also Brad is loving torpedoing this UPF.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
This might be the worst segment in the entire UPF series. :suicide:

Edit: "I was really hoping more from this game." <literally did loving nothing but run through fields for 40 minutes aimlessly and ignored everything>

Nohman fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 11, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I've been reading a bunch of Patrick's articles lately and have concluded that man... there needs to be some sort of concentrated effort to get that dude to go play Nier. That seems to be just the type of weird obscure but super interesting thing right up that guy's alley.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

cheesetriangles posted:

So since Vinny already played Demon's Souls ??????? stream is clearly going to be Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls right?

That's exactly what we're getting. Oh boy. :getin:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Dark Lord Vinny being the co-pilot for this has made it one of the most enjoyable Brad piloted things in ages.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Hashy posted:

I'm in the same boat with Dark Souls' success. I do like the way the game controls, and its attitude towards difficulty, narrative and world building, but I hate the boss/combat design. Bayonetta is a great example of brilliant combat design—all of the game logic is completely deterministic, all attacks are well signposted and it makes other affordances that makes being hit your own stupid fault every single time. It's designed to be mastered, and then made your own. It's a game with completely differenet goals to DeS/DaS, but I find myself longing for those features when playing anything with melee combat and Dark Souls is no exception

For all of Dark Souls' cool ideas it just feels kinda unfair for the sake of it. A test of will nearly as much as a test of skill. It definitely makes for entertaining streaming though.

I love Dark/Demon's Souls and Bayonetta. They are both the exact same design philosophy of "look get good at video games again you limp dicked soft gently caress". I do not know how you hold Bayonetta up and denounce Souls for both going "hey this is what we're doing here. This is the game mechanics. This is your skill set. GET GOOD FUCKER!"

Edit: Souls gets an edge for not having a terrible 15 minute complete gameplay change homage to lovely old games. Twice. Bayonetta needs to get called on that poo poo more often because goddamn. That is some top tier garbage gameplay in an otherwise pretty great game.

Nohman fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 19, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Liberation is just an Assassin's Creed rear end Assassin's Creed game. If you feel the need for even more of that annualized series, here's some more. It's not great. It's not terrible. It's just more.

Still better than AC3 though. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

New things being introduced later doesn't mean that early parts aren't designed to teach at all, that's silly as hell. All of your examples are area-specific gimmicks; of course you're not going to be shown those really early because they exist to make those levels more unique, plus they're both also taught at the very beginning of those specific areas.

Just as a few examples, the Gargoyles are absolutely one big tutorial for O&S (or any other time you have to manage multiple powerful enemies at once; mainly just O&S), Capra Demon is part testing your ability to fight in confined spaces and part just making sure you know how to upgrade gear by that point, the spear-using hollows in the burg are there to try to make you learn parrying/backstabbing/kicking, and so very many places but especially Lower Burg are there to teach you to check your corners and behind you. And probably other stuff that I'm forgetting about or didn't realize.

Capra Demon I always thought was "Hey chief. Poise. You know about that stat? Learn about that stat or get wrecked by these here dogs and that big fucker after them."

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

muscles like this? posted:

They also switch stuff off the list all the time too. So while you can continue to play and download that game if you already "bought" it, if you subscribe afterwards you can't get it.

A year's subscription is regularly $30. If you don't have Playstation Plus and own a PS3 you are straight up a gently caress up in life. Full stop. Anyone that argues this is a dumb motherfucker.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
So did Generation X last for like a weekend in 1982 at this point now?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I haven't had internet access the past few weeks. How much of Demon's Souls has Brad completed?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Having played the Titanfall Beta: Do you want kind of a bad Unreal Tournament movement system with Call of Duty mechanics and future weapons that aren't terribly interesting or inventive? Also giant robots that suck and die easy as perks? Boom! Done! Titanfall!

Is anyone in the real world actually hyped about that game? I've never met anyone past mildly interested to "the gently caress is Titanfall" from people who usually play Call of Duty yearly.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Yoya posted:

Sneak peak of Tuesday's livestream:

So the game you could trip over due to oversaturation disinterest versus the one Amazon is loving up orders due to unexpected demand? Yep. Seems legit!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Yoya posted:

Yeah but without the irony.

Yeah I know you still like generic garbage that burnt out last generation. Sorry. Sorry you get a boner still from anime mechas titans somehow! Please tell me how this game I have played is new or interesting. Please inform me how everyone secretly loves your anime Call of Duty is not irony. I'm sure it's precious. :3:

Nohman fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 10, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I just have seen ZERO loving hype for this game at all beyond industry nerds. See: Jeff Gerstmann. The only one that seems particularly hype about the game on giantbomb.com. Noted WEIRD DUDE on opinions. Have any of you seen anyone give a poo poo about this game outside the industry? I am in about five cities a week interacting with nerds Titanfall is an a vague concept that exists at best. It's weird.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

VDay posted:

It's funny how committed and steel-willed I was like 5 hours ago that I would wait until the PC version, and how quickly that all loving evaporated the second I realized that holy poo poo Dark Souls 2 is about to be out and I can play it tomorrow. Now to watch Brad play for an hour and a half and get irrationally mad when he does something wrong :negative:

I jumped to the end of it and it was him screaming "MOTHERFUCKER!" due to hubris against a monster he probably couldn't take and completely missing a fairly obvious grab tell. Some things never change. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
So it took Brad 60+ hours to vaguely realize what a pattern in video game equates toward? :downs:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Hakkesshu posted:

You know that entire mechanic they showed in the previews where some areas are pitch black, and you'll have to consider the risk/reward factor of bringing a torch or not? Turns out the old consoles can't handle that level of dynamic lighting. You can see just fine in most areas, even the ones that are supposed to be dark, and torches are there purely as some sort of weird gimmick that sometimes affects stuff in very limited capacities if you light sconces.

You've clearly not made it to Blighttown and Tomb of the Giant's bastard child. :suicide:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Edit: Nevermind.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Optimus Subprime posted:

No lie, the whole local multiplayer resurgence thing seems like the result of the insular culture of the industry. Outside of the long standing fighting game communities, I haven't personally played a local multiplayer games in years other than rock band.

Get non-internet friends. It helps. True story!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
This is a surreal loving show.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Jeff is just OUT.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Amazing.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
#NEVERANOTHERWINDJAMMERS

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Fame Douglas posted:

Sorry your favorite console is a POS :(

What out lads, this console warrior has teeth! :ohdear:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
It would be like Flowers for Algernon where Brad for one brief day plays video games at above an autistic toddler level, recognizes boss patterns, has memory beyond a goldfish, doesn't fret over lost progress that is easily reclaimed, and makes decisions on the fly. He does a SL1 run of Dark Souls 2, does Mile High Club on the highest difficulty in a single go, plays the entirety of Spelunky with no damage up to Yama. By the end he is running into the first goomba on 1-1 of Super Mario Brothers and playing DOTA2...poorly. It ends with the poignant note of Brad Shoemaker shrieking...

"GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER THAT WAS SOME BULLSHIT!"

Roll credits.

Nohman fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 24, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Holy Cheese posted:

Has Brad got his furniture yet?

Has napping on them as we speak.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

straight jerkers posted:

Someone needs to stop Europe

That was the whitest European sport ever conceived.

Edit: Gang Beasts :getin:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I would be down for a co-op Elder Scrolls or even a Dark Souls style weird rear end multiplayer system. A straight up MMORPG sounds like the shittiest thing ever and that stream earlier confirms it is the shittiest thing ever.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Burial at Sea Episode 2 was Ken Levine furiously masturbating to his past glory of Bioshock 1 and retconning Bioshock Infinite to ultimately being a great big prequel to the original game before blungeoning Infinite to death. Literally. Everything you do in that DLC is just setting up Bioshock 1 and Atlas/Bioshock 1 beats Elisabeth/Infinite to death with a wrench at the end once that is accomplished in the most hamfisted way possible. Nothing that transpired in that game matters beyond making Bioshock 1, Ken Levine's masterpiece that was both well received and didn't underperform, a thing. Knowing the studio got shut down and a poo poo load of people lost their jobs after that garbage of an ending kind of feels childish and scummy. I dunno...

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Red Red Blue posted:

I liked when people talked to me when I was working as a cashier, it was a nice way to break up the monotony of moving things past a scanner

Back when I worked retail in high school/college, I found just going "Hey how you doing?" to be an outstanding Litmus test as to whether you're dealing with a decent human being that may be civil or an impatient oval office that wants nothing to do with you judging on how they responded. The latter always got the full annoying party line of the corporation before I fully checked them out. The former got a small chat and a brief "you're not into this bullshit, right?" version of the same in a sentence. Weird give and take of dealing with other humans.

Nohman fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 8, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

rip in piss ultimate bigot

why does brad get to drive both the ds2 quicklooks? <:mad:>

It's a careful insight into the easiest type of person to invade in the game in which will induce the most rage from said player from getting worked.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

flatluigi posted:

I, too, don't understand why he'd want to show something off uninterrupted.

You mean a core omnipresent mechanic of the game he's presenting that he's poo poo at? MYSTERY! Poor baby!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Mutation posted:

I sure hope Watch Dogs doesn't suck.

Guys I'm afraid Watch Dogs is going to suck. :(

It is going to be Assassin's Creed 1: The Next Generation version. It will be technically impressive and there will be the skeleton for a good game there but the actual content will be shallow poo poo and the story will be bog standard garbage.

Watch Dogs 2 next year will be pretty rad though. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

cheesetriangles posted:

Hey does Titanfall 360 look like hot garbage graphics wise or am I crazy?

It looked sub-360 launch title lovely. Perfect Dark Zero looks better than that.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Let's welcome our new full-time on-air personality at Giant Bomb! It's..... PewDiePie!

*the sound of a million nerds sharting their jorts*

Nah. DarkSydePhil just to take the "poo poo at video games" heat off Brad.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Dexo posted:

:mad: Shenmue was pretty fun.

Jeff Gerstmann is a good way to know how a crazy man has terrible taste in video games. But he's spot on with Shenmue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Daius posted:

Look I'm sure it's a great videogame memory if you got did it in the first try or two and it played out in a cinematic way, but if your initial experience with it was struggling with the warthog controls so much that you were constantly failing it, the spectacles you look back on it with turn poo poo-brown.

Brad Shoemaker Account spotted.

• Locked thread