Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Drew's a pretty funny guy when given the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

You have anime avatar and are defending an anime vocaloid game where they specifically had to stop you from taking upskirt photos of the main character.

gently caress people with anime avatars

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, I'm a hardcore gamer. Are there any iOS games that can meet my fast-paced hardcore gaming lifestyle of killstreaks and no-scope headshots?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like there was already a QL of Banner Saga, and it seemed pretty boring.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maduo posted:

You know you guys are exactly right. Next time someone tells me they don't understand how to build a wall in Dwarf Fortress I'm gonna tell them how obvious it is you need to hit b then C (not "c" CAPITAL C, ugh) then w then u 5-10 times. I mean it's in the help menu! Jeez.

You're silly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Veib posted:

If there's one thing we've learned this past year, it's that gamers do not understand this at all. Everything is a personal attack that must be defended against at all costs.

Or they could just think that thing isn't actually bad. I mean, it is possible right?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think everyone here just needs to calm down and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs5OQrdlq2c

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That is a Demon's Souls image in the "Coming Soon" window, but that doesn't really have to mean anything.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Doktor is a great character.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Demon's Souls had some cool levels, but I definitely like Dark's open world better overall.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Royal is definitely the easiest class.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh Vinny!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Noxville posted:

He can't just stand away and kill them in two shots from his wand?

You might be surprised how often that can work.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

"Oh man, Anor Londo? All I know about this place is that this is where Justin McElroy said he gave up on the game."

Of course it is.

He also made a song about it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yw0wHQx9A

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Plus the Year of Luigi is being extended into this year anyway.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I do like how it seems like people in this thread will joke and talk about how Brad isn't good at games, until Brad posts here and then everyone talks about how silly and childish it is.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally someone taking that Vinny guy down a notch. He's gotten away with too much for my taste.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought Dark Souls still had an active commmunity, at least it looked like when my brother and I played it recently.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You'd think if you know you're going to be on a stream you would try something funny or memorable or even helpful instead of just killing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah how about when someone is watching tv and then someone else is using the wii u gamepad? How am I to play a game?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Patrick is going to do a marathon stream tomorrow and try to finish the rest of Dark Souls. Which is probably pretty doable for him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mutation posted:

Hideo is going to become the George Lucas of videogames, isn't he? :smith:

But the best Metal Gear game is the latest one. It's an upward trajectory.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I mean, I think it's a little weird to see Kojima posting a picture of an action figure of one of his characters and saying he's turning into the George Lucas of video games. I don't think that makes any sense.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Daius posted:

If he could get past his obsession with butts

Metal Gear Rising would be half the game it is today without all those butts. Including buttrock.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

La-Mulana is Spelunky on Steroids, Fans of the Genre Won't Want to Miss This!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have a lot of fun with Dark Souls PvP, it's just that some things like that Scraping Spear is just dumb all-around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jeff "hates" Dark Souls like he hates DOTA or something. In that he doesn't actually hate it, the game just isn't for him and he's joking around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

More like the Crown Prince of Whine, am I right guys? Heh.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I am a bit worried about being able to be invaded while not human, it seems like a very weird move. But I do trust that FROM has done something to balance it out more. Even making the invasion covenant easy to get into would even things out a ton. Hiding the invasion orb in a somewhat obtuse path in Dark Souls meant that you had to be pretty experienced in the game to invade early. If invading in DS2 is as easy for everyone as laying down a summon sign, that can help things.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

cronox2 posted:

I'm almost out of mana!

-has a mana regenerating ring he took off earlier-

I think he knows that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Another Person posted:

This is like the perfect description of the Souls series experience, and probably the thing I dislike the most about the game. Having someone over the internet push his glasses up his nose at me and tell me I am playing wrong. "USE THE ZWEIHANDER" "WEAR HAVELS RING AND USE HIS ARMOUR" "DONT USE HAVELS ARMOUR IT IS CHEAP AND FOR NOOBS" "NEVER ENCHANT YOUR WEAPONS" "*RECOMMENDATION OF BORING OP SWORD WHICH REMOVES ALL STRATEGY*"

The internet kinda removes the fun of the game. I found it was much more fun to just do whatever the gently caress I liked. It started with dropping that Balder Side Sword for something that was not the dullest thing on the planet.

I think it is really silly to hate a game because of some of its fans. That's not the game's fault.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Capra arena actually makes sense later in the game when they are just a normal enemy. Basically every boss up to O&S is part of the tutorial.

Is Dark Souls just a medieval Final Fantasy 13?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone recall the name of that collection app Jeff was talking about in the bombcast that would let you scan in upc codes to keep track of things? It sounded kinda neat.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I remember DmC having a pretty boring and self-serious story, at least most of it was.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Just saying that if it came out today, it would be relegated to the Dark Souls crowd, which means this thread would love it but most everyone else would ignore it.

This seems like a weird thing to say, since not only do tons of people outside this thread like Dark Souls there a bunch of people in here who hate it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Patrick laying down the law on Perfect Dark.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dark Souls 2 EXCLUSIVES dropping on this live stream!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah I was going to use the coupon I have to get it, but shipping is more then the poster itself!

I saw that too. But I won't use that coupon on anything else so I figured why not?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Vargs posted:

It's part of the game in the same way that going into a menu and turning down the difficulty to "Very Easy" is part of a game.

That's just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, more Breaking Brad tonight? This guy is on a roll!!

• Locked thread