Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I'm baffled that Dan did not know what drag racing was, even in the most general sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Don't forget Hard Target

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Vince Videogames posted:

This is eventually going to end with someone (probably me) posting the Cooking With Hoarders videos and then seeing everyone reactions to seeing them for the first time.

Edit: gently caress it, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRoiDBkPcy0

Watch that and then begin on an amazing new adventure!

Of course that guy is wearing Crocs.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Studio posted:

Max Payne 3 (tried to see if it was speedrunnable, it's not, don't do it DON'T DO IT).

Even Arcade Mode was no fun because of the cutscenes/load times.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Daius posted:

How much more do I have to pay in subscription fees before Jeff Gerstmann joins in on a Giant Bomb Unplugged

Jeff GURPSmann

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Wrong, dogs own.

Cats are cool too.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Pro Cat, Anti Dog, DOTA 2 is best, Platinum make bad games.

1 out of 4, F-

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Where can I get a Sierra sweater?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, I still remember being in line to ask a question at the GB panel at PAX and was totally fine, but the INSTANT the guy in front of me asked his question and said to me "it's all yours dude" and the lights swiveled to focus on me, just 100% panic attack mode, jaw muscles locked up, fists clenched, I can only imagine it's 100 times worse on a huge stage being broadcast live online

and in a foreign language.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Someone please tell Dan coal and charcoal are two different things.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Whats type of fantasy are the Souls games cuz those are cool. Also the Witcher.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Skunny Wundy posted:

what was everyone's favorite drew moment of 2014

Making Snake shoot himself with the Nikita.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Seems like the clear puyos on top of your stack are harder to deal with than extra tetris lines coming from below.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I guess if I want to shoot a Borchardt and a Broomhandle Mauser in a video game I'll just play Red Dead again.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The Hitman movie should have him carefully line up a pistol shot, whiff it as the target moves, then shoot him like 10 times in a panic. That would make it realistic to the games.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Does Drew know about the relationship between stamina and health? There's really not much life medicine in the game. Not enough to rely on it for health, anyway.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Kanfy posted:

In the big room where you talked to the woman? You can get out of there non-lethally and stealthily just fine.

Hint: it involves vents.

E: beaten, I never asked for this.

Arcella fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 13, 2015

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I voted yes in the poll, so you're welcome Brad.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I'm pretty sure the last video game my mom played was shareware Commander Keen.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm probably in the minority, but I really liked Mafia 2. I know the release and DLC situation in that game was a total mess, but I think when those games are at their best, they do atmosphere and sense of time/place just as well as Rockstar, only without resorting to lame gross-out humor. Both the Mafia games are weird relics, and in hindsight only the first one is really interesting in a historical sense just because of how far ahead of everything else it was when it came out. They both sacrificed conventional playability and open world tropes in favour of putting you in the setting and making it feel authentic, and I think that's an admirable goal even if it definitely rubbed many people the wrong way. They can do better, but I think if Mafia 3 just ends up being another Ubisoft-style open world game that'll be a bummer.

It's weird because a lot of design choices in the Mafia games are basically indefensible, but I find myself unapologetically loving those games anyway. They did so many neat things with storytelling and just general subtlety. Mafia 1 ends with the protagonist being gunned down as an old man in his garden, and there's a mission in 2 where you end up being the instigator of this event, and no special attention is drawn to it whatsoever. If you hadn't played the first game you'd never know, and I think that's cool as poo poo.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjg5Qwnu8s4

I really wanted to like Mafia 2, and sort of do in spite of myself, old guns are cool. It was just so obvious that the main game was hamstrung for DLC purposes, and one of the developers even said as much. A Mafia 1 HD remaster is something that'll never happen and I'd totally buy it.

Also, Crazy Horse!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

cat doter posted:

I've been trying for the big boss emblem on MGS4 lately, the requirements are straight up insane, it's never get spotted, never use a healing item, and don't kill anyone and finish it in less than 5 hours

not even the no killing part is easy since you're restricted to 50 rounds of non lethal ammo and you can't buy more ammo

plus the guards have super human hearing and vision, the first part before meeting up with metal gear mk2 took me like an hour to do without getting spotted

I kinda wish alerts worked the way they do in MGS2 where you can stop the alert before they use their radio

I managed to get this back before they added trophies by following a guide really closely. Just wait until the motorcycle chase and the final boss fight, I did a lot of yelling. Having the solar gun already helps a lot.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, are the Ground Zeroes prisoners that helpful in Phantom Pain, because trying to do this poo poo is so frustrating it's making me hate the gameplay

This may come as a surprise, but Hideo Kojima has real good stats.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Blockhouse posted:

I played all three MEs back to back so the contrast sticks out heavily in my mind whenever I think about them

and then in ME3 Shepard starts talking for entire scenes without your input and I'm all "what the gently caress stop doing that shut up" which I guess circles back around to my problem with the witcher and the start of this conversation.

In conclusion all internet discussions are circular. Thank you.

As for me, I'll keep playing video games.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Dan should have to play a bullshit level made up by Patrick.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Another Person posted:

the soundtrack to this gearbox game trailer is what I imagine a crappy indie band cover of war pigs would sound like

We really want War Pigs for this trailer, but what can we get for $0.99?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sendo posted:

The first Most Wanted (2005 one, not Jeff's FMV favourite) was a fantastic game and still probably one of the best.

Most Wanted 2005 and the one after it, Carbon, were my most recent favorites. NFS: Porsche Unleashed is still the best NFS game though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
"I'm not a baby, Jeff."

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Mario down in sector 1-Alpha.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

cat doter posted:

I've been playing sublevel zero all morning, the way I play it really reminds me of how I play dark souls, it's a lot of very carefully peeking around corners and doing hit and run tactics, you really can't go in guns blazing like Jeff was

I liked the part where he killed an enemy and himself with a point-blank grenade.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
It only asked me one question about Bayonetta 2, but the top 10 is pretty much spot on.

Also got a bunch of questions about Final Fantasy games, it could do with a "I haven't played this game" choice as well.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

0lives posted:

Last time I played Scrabble was with my teacher back in high school and he would pull out the most garbage two letter words and win by like triple the points of everyone else every time and no one had fun but him

Qi til I die.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Jeff & Co. should have boxed up their "throw away" stuff and sent it to the people who sent in garbage mailbags.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

mikeycp posted:

Look Sony, all I want is for you to pull a Saturn with the Yakuza 5 release date. Just do me this one thing, please.

Me too, friend.

e: the gently caress is that shirt

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Ruggington posted:

Secret Squirreliacs

No bread for me, I have Squirreliac Disease.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

shas posted:

gently caress

i know rationally there's nothing living in there but it is freaking me out

Plug the hole. Problem solved.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
More games should have rad sax imo.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The Division has just a regular-rear end MP5? I'm on board.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Welp I bought a couple HG Gundam kits, thanks GB thread.

I've never even watched Gundams, I just think robots are cool.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I have 3 traditional model kits I've been meaning to get around to for 3-4 years now, so snapping a kit together and doing some light detailing with a marker sounds easier and quicker in comparison to hours spent with little testors enamel bottles and glue.

Also spending hours of time and working real hard on something that in the end sort of looks bad is an important part of any creative process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

VDay posted:

I can understand that as a developer it must be really frustrating to spend years making something and then see a bunch of people immediately pirate it, but the idea that if piracy didn't exist all of those downloads would turn into sales is really god drat stupid. It's like one step away from "Downloading music = literal physical theft".

You wouldn't download a car, would you!?!?!?!

• Locked thread