Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Rookersh posted:

Why not reintroduce TNT, or a variation of TNT, I mean if they are just sitting around doing nothing waiting for the new games to come out, shouldn't be that hard to do multiplayer stuff with the community.

Because TNT isn't entertaining unless it's inhouse and the community is terrible? Please don't bring back TNT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Brad and Dan quick looks will be "fun".

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wow, allegations of being a woman and having sex still driving the internet into a frenzy. What a brave new world.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I mean to be fair he was born in Kansas but...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Skyrim is better than any Saint's Row game, hope this helps.

The combat in Skyrim is so loving bad and the vast majority of the game is samey/boring and was profoundly broken on release. Saint's Row 3 was the best game of 2011!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jeff didn't agree that Destiny was a good game, Jeff said that 2014 was so profoundly disappointing that (arguably) the year's most disappointing game would still be one of the top 10 games released.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Mark Meer, since he does a perfect Troy Baker impression.

So does Matt Mercer.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://kotaku.com/college-student-found-the-perfect-gamer-to-win-6000-fr-1678359567

I love you Patrick, but, my God that title. Your English professors wept.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Brad's game/segment was more entertaining that watching them flail with that lovely sports game from PAX.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ImPureAwesome posted:

Why haven't they made a sequel to clockwork knight

They did make one?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's not going to be the same without Vbomb. :(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

And? Recasting happens all the time for all sorts of reasons, including death. Or actors being union, as was the case with a bunch of the P4 cast...

It's something that is apparently not done in Japan, iirc.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope not, getting really tired of wrestling garbage

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Human posted:

I think Persona 3 is garbage compared to Persona 4. It's fine taken on it's own, but Persona 4 really polishes the heck out of every aspect of the game. Also it's fun to hang out with your party members, not like the miserable group of not-friends in Persona 3.

P3P made big improvements in this regard; the female protagonist has social links with all of the party members and isn't a giant dick. It also has the battle system improvements from 4.

P3 still suffers a lot from pacing and Tartarus in particular being monotonous, though. Still a great game and worth playing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Sorrow fight should be the episode airing tomorrow; I hope that Drew actually attempts to do it properly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Dunbar posted:

Wait, when does this start? I'm in the same boat as kater where I've played P3 for 2 months game time and I'm about to quit because there's just nothing to keep you going. On probably about 80% of days I can't do the social links I want to do and I can't go to Tartarus for one reason or another, so I do one of the two things the game will let me do and then go to sleep, and hope I have more freedom to do stuff the next day. I'm always stressing those Elizabeth requests because there are so few days I can get into Tartarus that I feel like I have to min/max every day and make sure I do exactly the right thing. And there is no plot to speak of so far. This is after about 10 hours of game time.

P3 has really bad pacing, everything interesting happens from summer onward and even then there are big lulls.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
"these guys are really hard you should avoid them"

*throws molotov and shoots the poo poo out of them, shrugs*

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They need to make Saints Row 5 Freelancer 2

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Mario Party 4 on Thursday, dear god

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Affordable Space Adventures looks really cool, I don't really play local co-op games though. Vinny/Alex are still the best :allears:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.twitch.tv/drewscanlon

Drew stream, playing lil' dota (heroes of the storm)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't really care for Star Wars but I am kinda interested in what the non-trilogy movie they are making is going to be and whether it is going to steer away from the fantasy schlock.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Holy poo poo Brad

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Exmond posted:

Name 10 games better than witcher 3 that released this year

Bloodborne
Pillars of Eternity
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Ori
MGS V
Axiom Verge
Superhot
Kerbal Space Program
Splatoon
Wolfenstein the Old Blood

and maybe Just Cause 3, Galak-Z, No Man's Sky, Persona 5
The Last Guardian

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-the-1984-collection-announced/1100-6427092/

Konami is making a new Metal Gear Solid...clothing line? Maybe Dan will have something to wear other than Skynard t-shirts.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Danny O'Dwyer is on podcast this week :getin:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

So is ESO the last of the MMORPGs?

Are there any more in development?

EQ Next is presumably still in development and i think there is a Warhammer 40k MMO in development as well.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's Boston. The locales look nice but the character models and animation look all jacked up. Is this still on Skyrim's engine?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

You're probably the baby in the crib.

The mother is still holding the baby when the bomb goes off and they get hit by the shock wave so probably not!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I could see it if they are going to have a fully-voiced pc that may or may not be Troy Baker

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

There were no ethnic minorities in gone home, therefore

The girlfriend was Mexican

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Nice Americo-centrism :rolleyes:

you're flailing

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The sheer breadth of things Dan does not know is amazing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Token Cracker posted:

Name one single character from the elder scrolls lore. go

patrick stewart

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Sorry thread. Fallout 4 looks like it's a fun video game

yeah :)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

I like Witcher 3 and have been obsessed with all Witcher games, having played Witcher 1 and 2. I played about 20 hours of Fallout 3 before I got completely frustrated with the combat and finally realized that the story and setting were complete poo poo. Never played New Vegas. I played a bunch of Skyrim. I enjoyed that it evolved from the prior Elder Scrolls games, but still think it is too overly repetitive/janky and has bad combat.

Fallout/Elder Scrolls games have bad combat. Why can't they fix that before adding 50 systems on top of it? Imagine an Elder Scrolls game with combat like Witcher 3. Imagine a Fallout game with shooting like Call of Duty or Wolfenstein.

I wish Bethesda would take their games and fix the core instead of keeping these janky as gently caress core systems and then layering a bunch of bullshit on top.

Witcher 1 and 2 had completely garbage combat systems, even compared to the jank of Fallout 3/New Vegas. I won't defend Elder Scrolls because I hate the combat system in that game but it's too early to say that there haven't been any refinements to the combat in FO4 because you haven't even played it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
We won't have to worry about arguments about Witcher or Fallout GOTY anyway because Atlus is announcing this week that Persona 5 is coming out in October/November 2015

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
MGSV looks absolutely bonkers

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Andrast posted:

Why do people care about Shenmue 3? Shenmue 1 was godawful and Shenmue 2 was better but still terrible.

Yeah, even Sony is smart enough not to spend their own money on garbage that won't sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Nah, I'm super pumped after that awesome press conference.

I missed the Microsoft conference this morning, is there anything worth going back and watching from it?

The one thing that stood out for me is Inafune's new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2xgu4QnYA0

--

Disappointed no Persona 5 or Galak-Z (worried this game aint coming out). Hopefully, Atlus actually shows us something before TGS.

• Locked thread