Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Jeff would like replies on games he should play on Bombastica

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/73386643057/jeff-please-play-more-encyclopedia-bombastica-so-we-can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Podcast is up. drat close to 3 hours again. Love these long casts.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't think he is. When I delivered food to hotels it was almost exclusively to people about to have sex, just got done or in the middle of it.

I had more naked dudes than I would like to think about.

Haven't made it that far in the bombcast but my brother in law was a delivery driver and I can confirm that he has confirmed this.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
:( my subscription finally ran out. I usually ask for a year from my wife for Christmas and I completely forgot this year.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
As a manager at a small business I've been kind of curious about how CBSi views Patrick and Alex working out of the area and presumably earning full salary. For a site that is incredibly personality driven having two people not able to appear on camera and up until recently released a much smaller portion of the content, it probably appears to put them in a tough spot with management. It doesn't really make sense to me. You've got two people you're probably paying decent money that possibly to management don't appear to contribute as much as they could if they were on location and may factor into why CBSi was a bit reluctant to increase staff size for a while there. Honestly if you count every person and the couple engineering guys GB appears to have a decent sized team for their site. Also if a manager isn't familiar with the site and Vinny and Drew are labeled "Video Production" as their title explaining to a manager why you need another video guy probably doesn't make the slightest sense either.

But I'm completely just looking at it from a hands off management perspective and hopefully nothing like this is actually occurring and the management team actually pays attention and cares about the site enough to follow what they're doing.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Those guys can't be watching the stream, right? Would it even be possible to find Drew that quickly with a fully geared group without knowing what server he's on?

I've watched a lot of Twitch of DayZ and stream sniping is pretty horrendous at times. Particularly if they showed what server they joined.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
You play DayZ for 20 hours for those two experiences that are absolutely amazing but yeah it's a bit thin right now. Rocket does have some very ambitious plans for it and since it's actually sold a poo poo ton he has the drive and Bohemia breathing down his neck to make it amazing.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Yep and they'll quickly realize they don't have a tenth the personality the giant bomb guys do on camera.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

That's pretty fair. They tend to approach games differently than most podcasts, really picking apart the individual pieces and considering whether those things actually fit together into a whole. Sometimes that means they come off as dismissive because they'll focus on some aspect that could have been better in an otherwise superficially fun game.

I think it's more of a byproduct of wanting the whole industry to move forward with narrative and cohesive design than a decision to be contrarian, though, because they do have a good sense of humor about themselves.

It also doesn't help that they think Far Cry 2 is the most perfect video game of all time given to the earth by God himself.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Oh Jeff...

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I used my code on the Flight Club shirt which I still think is a great shirt. And it's innocent enough to wear out of the house without feeling awkward.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

Listening to the Bombcast is making Thief sound like a.. good game? All of their complaints are basically exactly what I would want from a Thief game. I might have to gamefly this next.

This this this. All the negative reviews tend to list lots of things that were very core to the Thief games. Crazy rear end story, spiritual themes, weak rear end main character. I'm actually excited to play it sometime.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Jippa posted:

Any news on shawn elliot doing stuff for GB?

Haven't heard anything, did he get shafted when irrational shut down?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
The important question guys is what the gently caress is Jeff doing in that bathtub?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I think the Australian feud may be the funniest Giantbomb thing to me in a very long time.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Maybe it's the next endurance run.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I really hope someone is compiling the entire Australia segment into a youtube best of.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Whoah the Microsoft exodus continues.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/17/5520132/marc-whitten-leaves-xbox-for-sonos

Xbox chief Marc Whitten leaves Microsoft for Sonos

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I'd love 1080p if just for better font reading in some videos.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Holy poo poo the stamps.com commercial after the break in the middle of the bomb cast is one of the better ones they've done. Also I think I could listen to Dave Lang stories all day every day.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Dexo posted:

Huh. Where is the Infamous Quicklook

It got pushed back an hour it looks like. It's showing it'll be up at Noon CST for me.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Huh, they're doing another Ground Zeroes QL.

Weird, they pretty much did an Endurance Run of it already right?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
No gently caress miracle whip. Mayo forever. But only on sandwiches or burgers.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Oh god hopefully he's not joining Giantbomb. I know he's not but still what if?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
It doesn't but this thread is basically the video games and surrounding industry general discussion thread anyway so whatever.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I still can't believe he's gone, it almost feels like it's a cruel joke still.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Anyone else still having issues playing videos on the site? It's mainly through the GB app on iPad that someone put together, on HD it buffers constantly.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
It is up indeed!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
According to the upcoming panel, the PAX panel is livestreamed this year. That's a first isn't it?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

shrike82 posted:

Arthur Gies

Well now you've all gone too far. He'd have to get another tattoo also.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So Giantbomb has the most popular PAX panel right? Because these line pictures on Twitter are insane.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Oh god the sites already collapsing for me.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Go Wolf!!! That was loving fantastic oh my god.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
This is an absolutely stunning look at the PC gaming industry.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Dave is asking for a bit of money to get Webhook off the ground. I threw him $5, dudes never done me wrong.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1749618880/webhook

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
A 2 Hour and 14 Minute Bombcast is up and nearly an hour of Alt F1 talk!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/522183883

It's up on their Twitch for now a couple minutes in.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
The first 20 minutes is pretty fantastic the rest of the QuickLook not so much.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Monster w21 Faces posted:

2 copies of E.T., 1 copy of Centipede. Tens of thousands of dollars. Brought to you by the XBOX ONE.

I always thought there was supposed to be hundreds if not thousands of copies of the games buried out there. Maybe it was a plant by Microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I think Vinny plays it dumb a lot on purpose to maybe help out those who don't know as much inside baseball as some listeners/viewers.

• Locked thread